addition of lower front fascia grille

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: addition of lower front fascia grille

Post by Navy Lifer »

Will do Bob - that's it folks!
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

So i ordered this piece from CP and received it in a few weeks somewhat trimmed down the pic here shows the entire thing he cuts below the yellow away before shipping to keep the cost lower... was $75 shipped to me.
Attachments
image006.jpg
image006.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 15822 times
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

The i removed my front bumper cover which is a total suck ass job by oneself, can use a small box to hold one side off the ground while loosening the other basically the cover has 4 plastic clips holding it onto radiator area crash bar, 4 bolts holding underside to the splash shield under car, and 2 10mm bolts holding cover to front fenders per side, which is accesable if you turn the wheels either way, remove 2 torx screws holding the splash guard to the bumper cover and hold that back towards center of car while trying to loosen the bolts.. Again total PIA by oneself hire a friend. And those bolts don't need to be removed from the cover just losened about halfway then you push up on the bolt head and can push the bumper cover around enough to just have it pop off the fender leaving the bolts and nuts still attached to cover. Then its only attached by a wire harness which is on the passenger side and unclips.
Attachments
IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1553.JPG (87.2 KiB) Viewed 15822 times
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1554.JPG (96.51 KiB) Viewed 15822 times
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Now take the part you got in the mail and insert it into the lower radiator cavity area under the crash bar. Mine needed some extra triming as it was sticking out past the bar which i didn't notice till i tried to put the cover back on and realized it wasn't fitting correctly and stuck out at the front nose area. Sides have strange way of lining up but they do and then you can drill a few holes in the new piece into the bottom parts of the crash bar and that plus the front cover pressing onto it keep it in place very securely.
Attachments
IMG_1559.JPG
IMG_1559.JPG (110.98 KiB) Viewed 15822 times
IMG_1556.JPG
IMG_1556.JPG (87.25 KiB) Viewed 15822 times
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Nice mod considering its not really for out cars...
Attachments
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG (116.04 KiB) Viewed 15822 times
klevrgrafix

Post by klevrgrafix »

This is amazing how much it 'finishes' up the car.
Mike Summers
KLEVR Grafix | klevrgrafix.com
2012 Chrysler 300
2011 GMC Acadia Denali
2004 Ford CVPI
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

that's why I did it in the first place....putting a couple of PPV's side by side--one with and one without--is the way to really notice the difference.

It does look like it belongs.
Twotonfun

Post by Twotonfun »

Bill,

Let me know if another one might be available in the near future.

Andy
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Twotonfun wrote:Bill,

Let me know if another one might be available in the near future.

Andy
+1. Thanks.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

This may need to be a new thread, but let's see what the response is from this post before starting a new thread.....

OK, here's the deal....as I suggested to Andy privately, if there are parts that you are interested in that can only be obtained from Australia, such as this lower grill panel, or the radiator cover, or Caprice rear spoiler, your very best, most cost-effective approach is to do a combined shipment.

One of the guys ordering has to function as the "trusted agent", to receive the shipment and then make sure the other parts are delivered to their final destination(s). In some cases that could be local, but in others it mean re-packaging parts and sending them on.

I've been there & done that....no problem. But I don't happen to "need" anything at the moment, although I do have some parts stashed with CP (if he hasn't tossed them out) that I'm looking for an opportunity to get moved over as part of a bigger shipment, due to their size (door panels).

So, if it will help the cause, and if CP can put together a package or packages that takes care of everyone's needs, I will be willing to act as the intermediary/agent to receive the parts and ensure that they're delivered to their ultimate destination.

There are details to be worked out--there will be shipping from me to wherever parts need to go, on top of a portion of the shipping from AUS (Perth, Western Australia) to the US.

Speak up if you want something and it can be worked into a larger shipment. Be specific--little items such as emblems are better shipped direct, as the cost is so low, relatively.

What's on your shopping list?