Water Leaking Into Interior

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
TXRanger

Re: Water Leaking Into Interior

Post by TXRanger »

My water leak was from a grommet that was removed to run wiring thru the firewall and was not resealed. This pic is looking down from the driver's side. This was from an equipment up-fitter, not a dealer issue.
Attachments
grommet.jpg
grommet.jpg (382.2 KiB) Viewed 7073 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The wet seatbelt is what's getting me thinking. That is off the floor and the carpet does not reach it so how it could get wet is a mystery to me. May want to check the wiring harness tahat goes from the rear door into the body. RIght behind where it enters the body in the main spool of the seatbelt.

The upfitter grommet hole though, that is a good suspect to look at, it's on the passenger side tho, could not get to the drivers side except through jute osmosis.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

On the hole plugs, if you don't want the unsightly plug being visible - pop out the plug and put a square of 3M silver metallic body shop tape over the hole, then touch-up paint the tape your car's body color. I've run that combination on cars before for years without a problem, the metallic body tape is tough stuff.

Just another little trick that worked for me in the past.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mg220

Post by Mg220 »

Roof seals....