Car covers by COVERCRAFT

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
v8suprcapric

Re: Car covers by COVERCRAFT

Post by v8suprcapric »

Did Covercraft end up producing a cover from these efforts? Looks like this post is a few years old.
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
2011 9C3 (K&N CAI, Weldcraft widened 18x9 factory steelies, Bridgestone 285/35)
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

They will make it to order--it is not an in-stock "on the shelf" product, since there are so many fabric options. They DO have a pattern that is specific for Caprice, and it is still good. I had a cover made last year. They are not inexpensive.
v8suprcapric

Post by v8suprcapric »

Navy Lifer wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:01 pm They will make it to order--it is not an in-stock "on the shelf" product, since there are so many fabric options. They DO have a pattern that is specific for Caprice, and it is still good. I had a cover made last year. They are not inexpensive.
Ok so the Holden Caprice cover will fit a PPV? Just wanting to confirm. I got an email from them telling me part number for Holden Caprice is C17213

Thanks!
1987 Landau (383 stroker, vortec heads, 700r4, posi rear, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, Bassett 15x8, BFGoodrich 275/60, 9C1 speedo)
2011 9C3 (K&N CAI, Weldcraft widened 18x9 factory steelies, Bridgestone 285/35)
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

that is correct--pattern C17213
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Finally got out the car cover and "tried it on"
carcover1.JPG
carcover1.JPG (41.23 KiB) Viewed 11898 times
carcover2.JPG
carcover2.JPG (36.48 KiB) Viewed 11898 times
carcover4.JPG
carcover4.JPG (38.53 KiB) Viewed 11898 times
carcover5.JPG
carcover5.JPG (44.53 KiB) Viewed 11898 times
carcover6.JPG
carcover6.JPG (50.52 KiB) Viewed 11898 times
carcovertag.JPG
carcovertag.JPG (46.5 KiB) Viewed 11887 times
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

you got a hammock for that banana ? LOL

i take my antenna off when i put my cover on mine , cover looks nice !
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

I wanted to try it with the antenna on, but will probably take it off in the future....just stuff/pull the sleeve back inside.

As for color choices, this wasn't intended to be a team colors deal, or anything like that--I liked both, and just decided what the hey....something unique and eye catching. No mistaking whose it is!
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Navy Lifer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:42 pm I wanted to try it with the antenna on, but will probably take it off in the future....just stuff/pull the sleeve back inside.

As for color choices, this wasn't intended to be a team colors deal, or anything like that--I liked both, and just decided what the hey....something unique and eye catching. No mistaking whose it is!
i had to poke a little fun , the cover does look to fit really well ! about what did it cost you for it ?

alot better than the 2 universal covers i use on mine , though i do like the 1 hangs low enough that the tires are covered and never see the sun , though i really need that on my SS not my caprice , i also keep my mirrors folded in to save room , plus ive have my spot light still
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

s/c'd cav wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:48 pm i had to poke a little fun , the cover does look to fit really well ! about what did it cost you for it ?
My only response is that the cover cost "too much" - so much that I'd rather not say, honestly. Not calling it a rip-off, just that it was an exorbitant and perhaps extravagant expenditure, but I did it anyway.

Since this is not a "stock" cover--ie. not something they keep on the shelf, ready to ship--and there are so many fabric options, there may be a wide range of pricing....a custom order 2-color cover probably didn't help, in the end.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

as they say cool has its price !

i knew it wasnt going to be cheap , so fair enough !