New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:54 am 

Do some searches about console installs here. IIRC, you use a modified G8 e-barge lever with the PPV cables. Some welding, if only tacking, is involved.

1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2010 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1996 BBB Impala SS (11-second DD)
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:12 pm 

prostreetmike wrote:
I also just picked up a G8 console also for my 2013 PC1... so I'm following... it really is looking like more work than expected... ugh.

I was fortunate to get the shifter, parking brake, window switches, etc... all with mine. So I wont have too many holes or missing parts. Can I use the G8 brake cable in my 9C1? How does the foot parking brake interfere with the new console?

You have to use the 9C3 cable, because the Caprice is longer than the G8. The foot parking brake won't work with this set up because the console interferes with the cable that goes from the foot brake all the way to where it connects on the console

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 pm 

Great write up. I did mine back in 2013, so some parts I did have to source from Australia. I did rewire my switches to the center console and that was a huge PITA. I don't have tap shift enable and mine is in sport mode all the time. I also have G8 door panels to eliminate the holes left in the door handles for the switches. As far as the side panels on the console, they don't stay on because I have the rubber floor which elevates the floor a little higher. Plus the fact that the surface is slick that the bottoms of the panels want to go sideways.