Giving an old WI sheriff car a new life, lots of questions!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
lsxJERRY

Re: Giving an old WI sheriff car a new life, lots of questio

Post by lsxJERRY »

Raunchtastic, I'm from Northwest Indiana. I tracked my car down for 2 weeks at Chicago Motors until I came the second week and bought it, they wanted $14k for a 9c3 with 70k miles and some damage to it versus $9k for mine with nothing wrong with it just lots of miles. I tried going to Welcome Motors but they were closed.

CrashTestDummy, can't do a burnout or as some people say powerbrake. I can spin the tires any time but once that traction light starts flashing it's done. Which tells me the stabilitrak/performance mode thing doesn't fully turn off the traction. This is the only car that refuses to let me smoke the tires.

Went to Speed Inc today, looked at my car, gave me a shop tour and said he'd call me Monday about tuning/exhaust. He has lots of LSX cars in the shop.

Anyone know of any good kits that work for our cars? Videos of exhaust clips?
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

leadfart wrote:You can't powerbrake without tuning it out. :lol:
You most certainly can. Hold down the "performance mode" button for ~10 seconds. The digital display shows DSC off, and the TC light stays on the tach. 100% disabled. The car will light them up all day long. Ask me how I know ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

Raunchtastic wrote:You most certainly can. Hold down the "performance mode" button for ~10 seconds. The digital display shows DSC off, and the TC light stays on the tach. 100% disabled. The car will light them up all day long. Ask me how I know ;)
I'm trying this tomorrow, if this works, I WILL, give you guys a burnout video. 8-)
FRANK O'D

Post by FRANK O'D »

A quick fix for the spot lite removal: Take the inside handle off. The wire is a pigtail connection.Remove the A pillar trim, just grab it and pull. You will now be able to disconnect the power to the light, the light then just slides out from the outside of the car. Remove the chrome housing, you will see the 2 screws mounting it to the pillar. Tape off one end of the housing and fill it with self leveling silicone. After it dries just reinstall it. Done. I did this to my 2011. My 2013 went to a body shop and they filled all the holes, painted it and clear coated all the way back to the quarter panel.
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Not on a 2011, and you can't disable stabili-trac either, ask me how I know.
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
Raunchtastic

Post by Raunchtastic »

leadfart wrote:Not on a 2011, and you can't disable stabili-trac either, ask me how I know.
I can't speak to that, as I've only ever driven my own caprice, which is the same model year that the OP claimed on his (2012). That's a shame, but then again, your car isn't exactly stock, from what I've picked up ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
2012 Chevrolet Caprice "The Daily"
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 25th anniversary "The Wannabe Racecar"
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

Sorry for the wait, IT DID WORK :lol:

Finally got a day off and got to take some video. Going to work on that spotlight and cut my rotors tomorrow.
I am a man of my word, here's 2 videos:

1/4 mile
https://youtu.be/bLV69K6wmdQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Burnout
https://youtu.be/dl06TQNiCZo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*could not figure out how to embed the video, sorry guys
bsparks72

Post by bsparks72 »

Another guy here with a black 2012 from WI by way of Chicago Motors. :)
-Brandon
2012 9C1 L77 - 228/234, .604/.609 112 cam, JBA shorty headers, Solo high-flow cats, X-pipe, Cherry Bomb single-chamber mufflers (Frankenstein exhaust), Roto-Fab CAI, CTS-V torque converter, 3.45 Camaro diff, G8 red/black seats/steering wheel
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

bsparks72 wrote:Another guy here with a black 2012 from WI by way of Chicago Motors. :)
Yup! Got a really good deal on this car from what I see them going for.
Big Rich 01

Post by Big Rich 01 »

lsxJERRY wrote:
Raunchtastic wrote:You most certainly can. Hold down the "performance mode" button for ~10 seconds. The digital display shows DSC off, and the TC light stays on the tach. 100% disabled. The car will light them up all day long. Ask me how I know ;)
I'm trying this tomorrow, if this works, I WILL, give you guys a burnout video. 8-)

Looking forward to trying this tomorrow
2013 9C1 6.0 (27,xxx) 14.142 @ 103
2009 Malibu LTZ
1988 2wd Suburban Silverado
1972 Chevelle
1969 Camaro 350/350 X44