Radio Replacement

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
crsked

Radio Replacement

Post by crsked »

Just got my 2014 PPV inspected in NJ. A bit of a hassle to get the OBD to recycle after replacing the battery. I essentially had to drive around for 2.5 hours to get it to reset. Has anyone replaced the sound system in a 2014 PPV? Do any of the electronics run through the radio?

Thanks
Boingo

Re: Radio Replacement

Post by Boingo »

One way around would be to get a Bluetooth amp and wire up from there
2011 Chevy Caprice
26k mile purchase
2nd owner
the voices say I am special :D
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

You can do a upgrade on the basic sound system by forklifting the assembly including the Bose amp, radio & SS control plate, wiring harnesses, and additional speakers out of a 14-17 SS and into a Caprice. I know there are also other options, but other members that have done the upgrades will have to weigh in. There are some functions in the car which are controlled by the radio controls, not quote sure how that would shake out if you remove the MyLink setup.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

the heater/ac is all run through the radio , so not that easy , but search the 14-17 SS pages , there is one of 2 aftermarket units out there , but most havent had good luck with them

our door and pillar speakers are the same as the SS , the rear door speakers are different , and unless you get a upgraded silver box , sound barely comes from them , and even with the silver box upgrade they are hard to hear because our door panels do not have speaker holes in them

ive currently got my door panels out so i can hear the tunes

keeping the stock/upgraded unit , and adding line converters , amp and rewiring from there is about our best option