New here and wanting a Caprice

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
63Stingray

New here and wanting a Caprice

Post by 63Stingray »

Hello everyone! I used to have a 2008 G8 GT and I traded it in for a new Subaru WRX STI. I liked the subaru, but I really miss my G8. A guy up the street from me has a ridiculously clean white caprice ppv and it makes me miss my old car even more. I do have a question though. It's hard to find values for these cars. Our local PD has a surplus of these that will be going to auction. All of them are black 6.0 9C1s. They appear well used and aren't the cleanest. Some have minor rust spots, dents, etc. I can only assume mileage but if I had to guess, probably 125,000-150,000. I'm hoping to snag one for a daily driver. I know it's hard to value without pictures and true mileage, but what is a realistic auction price for one of these?
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New here and wanting a Caprice

Post by elc32955 »

Prices are all over the place right now, it's luck of the draw to he quite honest. I've seen auctions where the cars broke $10K each, and I've seen poorly attended sales where cars went for a song. So, it really is a matter of luck and whether dealers are attending the sale or not.

But welcome! Make sure to check the sites listed in the first post in the "cars for sale" section for plenty of auctions & sales to watch.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.