Aloha from the mainland

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
waipunalei

Aloha from the mainland

Post by waipunalei »

2014 Caprice PPV - currently stock except cold air intake. Looking for information on things to get done before building the engine, specifically transmission, rear diff, and exhaust. I'm planning a NA build with a stage 3 cam.
Attachments
20221230_112602~2.jpg
20221230_112602~2.jpg (800.24 KiB) Viewed 339 times
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Aloha from the mainland

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! Nice looking car you have there, I've actually never seen strobes mounted directly on the push-bumper before. As with anything, the easiest mods for the quickest gains are exhaust, intake, rear diff, tune. For the rear the two schools of thought are either 3.27 or 3.45 for a ratio, I'm a firm 3.45 fan from experience (that's the gear GM intended for us to have in the first place before the bean counters wrecked havoc on the design team!).

Have fun!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
waipunalei

Post by waipunalei »

Thanks, the 3:45 is definitely on my list. I'm doing some front suspension work soon. I'll try to post something from it. Jeff
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Definitely a good looking ride.

Definitely headers and exhaust to start as they are severely restrictive. Mine with just that and a tune got 400hp on the dyno.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419