new member from SoCal

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
anwat

new member from SoCal

Post by anwat »

I've learned a lot already, but had some specific questions, so I became a member. I just bought a 2014 with some minor front end damage, 45k miles. Immediately discovered the parts shortage issues...I've been trying to round up parts for this repair for a month already. Very rare to even find a parts car in CA, they go fast! I've got four bumper reinforcement bolts on order, going to be two weeks, as soon as I get them I'll finish the repair and post a pic of the car. Looking forward to spending some more on this car now that my k5 is pretty much done. I know very little about the newer cars, I've spent most of my time with the OBD 1 or earlier cars. So I've got a lot to learn, but it should be fun!
CrashTestDummy

Re: new member from SoCal

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! Yep, they're quite different from OBDI cars, some good, some not so good.

The body and trim parts are becoming a big deal, and has had me thinking more than once about selling our '12 and getting something more 'appliances-like' to drive. Every time I take it for a drive, though, I'm "D@mm, I like this car!!" Especially when walking up to it in a parking lot.

Luckily, 'under the skin', these cars share many parts with the G8, SS and even other GM vehicles, so sometimes you can get lucky by looking around.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
anwat

Re: new member from SoCal

Post by anwat »

I've noticed they all seem to be concentrated on the eastern seaboard. A few out west, but almost every one being parted out is back east. Any idea on why that might be?