HPTuner not connecting

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
explosivechees

HPTuner not connecting

Post by explosivechees »

Hello everyone! I received my 2015 Caprice 3.6L the other day and I have been LOVING it so far. I know the 6.0L is almost double the engine, but the LFX is plenty for me so far :lol:

One issue I have been having: my HPTuners MPVI2 doesn't want to connect. I've checked the OBDII pins and they appear to be right, but I'm not exactly sure which fuse to check beyond that. The tuner itself shows green for power when plugged in, but the host light stays off. I do notice the host light briefly flashing blue when I initially plug it in. Even stranger, VCM Editor has no trouble syncing with the tuner, it just fails when it tries to read the vehicle tune.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks
BluesBro

Re: HPTuner not connecting

Post by BluesBro »

Does the VCM scanner connect and read data?
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
explosivechees

Post by explosivechees »

Nope, the scanner errors out when I try to start recording.
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

I would start by checking for power/fuses for the OBD, I have never had an issue for mine so I don't know what fuse it would be.

A visual inspection may be in order, sometimes when the cars are decomm'd some wires that shouldn't be cut, get cut.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Is it a supported vehicle/engine? All I can find in their list is 06-16 Caprice WN (VE) / WM (VF). No engine specified.

Are you able to connect and scan using an ordinary OBD scanner?
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419