Hewwos from a NE Okie Car Grl

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
SGCarGrl

Hewwos from a NE Okie Car Grl

Post by SGCarGrl »

Hello everyone, my name is Annabel. At least that’s the name I go by, legally my first name is Alice. I live in northeastern Oklahoma Tulsa metro area to be precise.

As far as not my history about me. Before the C.L.E.E.T. laws changed I did used to work as a night watchman for Tulsa county sheriff in this company. It is mainly involved the packing vehicles in Odegaard heck oh you’re walking like a car dealership a lot and writing down anything that happened with a visitors coming after hours. Honestly people thought I was trying to write them Parking ticket, Laughing My But Off (LMBO)!!! What does it for 2 1/2 years. And honestly miss it a lot.

The reason I had to leave the career is because ended up getting hurt in an auto accident pretty bad. A car ran a red light on January 1. And the real kick in the pants is I had just bought my 97 Ford Crowne Victoria police interceptor 12 hours earlier, maybe less. And was taking it to my insurance agency to get it insurance since they closed early for the holiday the day before. Ever since that incident I have always preferred police interceptors. It has after a 45 mph impact which is about 10 miles under the speed limit. I was able to drive home after the tow truck pulled it out of the ditch. Can’t say the same for the Lexus that ran the red lifght. The only thing that really annoyed me was they blame me because I hit further back on the car cause I tried to stop. If I hadn’t hit the brakes and hit the front of their car it would’ve been there fault. That’s Oklahoma for you I guess in 2005. But what should I say parts of their car scattered all over the road. Including the rear axle in an opposite ditch of my car. Cost me only $150 for a new front clip at a salvage yard too.

Currently I do not have a vehicle because my Ford excursion got totaled back in early November 2021. And since then I’ve been to the point that I’ve been paralyzed. And it is really hard to get around currently because the local city bus won’t come to my house for the lift program because I am just outside the Tulsa city limit. Probably less than a quarter mile even.

I don’t have a caprice PPV yet, but I am hoping to find one in good condition. I’m going to set it up kind of in a way that would be more enthusiast. For example I am I would like to get my C.L.E.E.T. license here in Oklahoma, and I would set my car up for security as a personal vehicle. And before people ask how, when I can’t even drive being paralyzed. I could still work out of a vehicle or at computer screens like a camera monitor system or some thing. Also they make a devices that allow you to drive vehicles with your hand for the throttle and brake, called hand controls. Also I still do have a little use of my ankles. So once I put my legs/feet into position I can pivot my ankle back-and-forth and work the pedals. I’m driving my joint car with my mother of a 2018 Chevrolet Malibu LS. Nice car, just a little small for my taste.

And I know I may never find a security company to hire me but I have wanted to get my C.L.E.E.T. license since I became injured in 2005. It’s only a half a day course for two weeks at a local C.L.E.E.T. certification training school. Classes are only $150 for unarmed security as well. Cleet is a otrgnization in Oklahoma for licensing for all LEO’s. Like I said I seriously doubt I’ll find a company to hire me. But it’s kind of a personal goal that I’ve had for almost 20 years now.

As for setting up on my vehicle for my personal use. The first thing I would do is make sure I could find one with dual spotlights and the L77/LS3 6.0 L. I am also planing to badge as a holden including grill and emblems. And then I’d have the radio silver box redone by white so that it would have a Holden boot up logo as opposed to the bowtie. I don’t know if I can find a Holden steering wheel horn/arirbag, but I would definitely try.

Some leo accessories I would want to put on it that would be pretty generic would be like a push bumper with headlight guards. And also probably install a center consul for mounting things like my CB radio and scanner. My lighting would be pretty stelthy. I would be using soundoff signal nForce series mainly in a green/Amber/white set up. Those are the three colors that aren’t designated for anything in Oklahoma. So I figure the tricolor set up would be good. As for lighting products, it would kind of depend on what I can still find available specifically for the PPV. But it would be a pretty stealth install. Mostly hidden stuff. Like a headliner front light bar, inserts in the four corners. intercectors under the mirrors. Traffic advisor in the rear window. And the rear windows between the rear window and doors, I would like it to have some light heads.

Really it would be kinda plain comparison to what I was driving when I work security in 2000. I was actually driving a 1983 Lincoln town car Limited/numbered cartier. And I had 36 output strobe power supplies on it. I had strobes and just about everywhere from the signals to behind the grill, and even the front fender cornering lights. No one would’ve heard back at this white silver town car that was just sitting in the parking lot till I got like a friggin Christmas tree. In fact I had a 200 white PA system on it behind the grill. One of my funniest stories working in security in love that car. They had me doing security at a strip mall but had a very popular bar on New Year’s Eve. And as bar was closing down I parked out in the parking lot through on all the lights and started playing this song that was made by Bob Rivers. It was a parity of Carol of the bells as call Carol of the bartenders and was about drunk driving and how it was a bad idea. All of a sudden when I was doing that people went back into the bar and then within 10-15 minutes later about 30 taxi showed up outside. Like I said it’s a funny story, just some thing I remember from when I did work as a nightwatchman.

Anyways I hope my introduction was informative and entertaining for everyone. And I am keeping my eye out for my dream PPV capris that I can hold and I am up and set up for working in security again with my C.L.E.E.T. license.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Hewwos from a NE Okie Car Grl

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome! You've had a lot of adversity in your life it sounds like, hopefully you can find a car soon & set it up the way you want it. I haven't heard of anyone yet using hand controls on a Caprice but I'm sure it's definitely do-able. With the wide opening doors & a few other features the car is pretty well suited for mobility-impaired folks.

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
SGCarGrl

Post by SGCarGrl »

elc32955 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:14 pm Welcome! You've had a lot of adversity in your life it sounds like, hopefully you can find a car soon & set it up the way you want it. I haven't heard of anyone yet using hand controls on a Caprice but I'm sure it's definitely do-able. With the wide opening doors & a few other features the car is pretty well suited for mobility-impaired folks.

Good luck!
Eric
yes indeed. the Caprice is one my top choices becase of door size. not many moder cars have large enough doors to ease entry into in my case. ther is a challenger option but cost can really climb on those cars quick.

alread have a pland device to haul chair withouty the 350 pound chair puting the lights in the trees too. know u can add coilover. but if my chair isnt in the back then the but car is at a sever rake. ther is a custom auo leveling air ried option as well, but pricy. not tomention in reserch can only find class ii tow hitches. my chair weighs 350 pounds on its own. so need minum class iii hitch for eniugh tung weight support. but this device has its own suspenion but conects ridge so impossible to jacknife it. also since its indpendit suspenion even a class i hitch would work. im including a screenshot below.
Bruno® Chariot Scooter Lift.png
Bruno® Chariot Scooter Lift.png (635.57 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Hi and welcome! You've certainly had your challenges but seem to be taking it in stride. Hope you find a Caprice soon. They do pop up for sale from time to time.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
SGCarGrl

Post by SGCarGrl »

Mooseman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:21 am Hi and welcome! You've certainly had your challenges but seem to be taking it in stride. Hope you find a Caprice soon. They do pop up for sale from time to time.
ty for the welcome. greatly apreceat it.

defently like the Caprice having the "Non LS, LS3" L77 option with the e85 option avalible. few years ago didnt add up for fuel option. but now defently a nice option to have. did the math couple years ago & unless was $0.50 cheaper a gallon, it wasnt worth the MPG drop on most e85 vehicles but as of 2day 2.5 miles from mes home, e85 is curently $1.22 a gallon cheaper. sadly mes joint 2018 CHevrolet Malibu LS with the Turbocharged 1.5L isnt e85 compatible. with mes driving more light footed dan mes momm mes avrage 30 to 33 mpg. mes mom has heaver foots den mes n avrages 26 to 28 mpg. not bad for the size of the car reallys. but fer mes own personaw defentwys want a caprice ppv with d l77 wif the lowers mpg. but mes a car grl toos, lmbo