Might have found myself a Caprice.

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
dredpyrt

Might have found myself a Caprice.

Post by dredpyrt »

After much vacillating I think I found a PPV. Its at a small dealer in Westminster CA ( https://www.westminstermc.com/) A 2013 with a little under 87000 miles.
It has more engine/idle hours than I would like,12086& 8359 but I started it and it was dead quiet. The a/c needs servicing and it will need tires. Also being from Illinois (of all places) there is corrosion on the pinch welds along the rocker panels that will need some POR 15 at the least.
On a positive note It has a good service history and the interior is very clean with no indication its had a divider installed and no push bar either
Its listed at 14495 but he's willing to go to 14200 and as an added bonus my credit union will finance cars 2013 or newer at less than 3%.
Any thoughts or musings? I'm open to any info I can get.
Thanks!
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Might have found myself a Caprice.

Post by elc32955 »

Stiff money, but if it's a good car it's a judgement call. If it was me I'd work on getting a better deal. But regardless of the outcome we're glad to have you here!!

Quick trick, Google the VIN number on the car you're looking at. Sometimes the auction companies retain auction results on-line for a long period of time, if you can pull up the record from the public sale you'll find out exactly how much margin this dealer has to play with. It's not unusual for dealers to try to make 100% profit on a flip. Or more. Odds are 50/50 you might find something that will help you. For that kind of money the LEAST the dealership could have done was pull all the decals & residual equipment, noted this big wide strip of reflective tape still on the trunk. And the empty extinguisher bracket in the trunk. And the sliding equipment tray.

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
dredpyrt

Post by dredpyrt »

I agree with you about the money. Unfortunately that's pretty much the going rate for a PPV in this part of the world.
Not a big fan of the reflective strip either but I'm liking the extinguisher mount. I also found that the upper corner of both doors had been adjusted outward to clear the light bar bracket. Not a difficult fix but surprised they didn't notice.
Rgt818

Post by Rgt818 »

If still looking I have a 2013 I bought to pull engine out of, ended up buying a second one that is damaged I will
Part out instead. 2013, 72,999 miles, dead quiet also, runs great. 12k hours as well.