Hi Everyone!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
AZRattlesnake

Hi Everyone!

Post by AZRattlesnake »

Wanted to give you all a quick hello!

Found this site once I started looking for a new car after my auto accident, because a local gentleman had a 2011 9C1 posted for sale and I knew nothing about them. After quite a bit of lurking and internet sleuthing, I decided to purchase the vehicle - and what a fun ride it's been so far.

The 9C1 is question was purchased by the Wilton, New Hampshire Police Department in 2011, and put into service in April 2012. It served dutifully until 2021 when it failed emissions and was retired. The gentlemen I bought it from fixed the issues and drove it across country to Arizona. From my limited searching; I've found archived pictures of it behind the dealership in 2011, on Facebook in 2013, at a gas station writing reports in 2015, in a first amendment auditor video in 2017, and behind the department in 2018.

As for now the car will stay stock, and I will work on demodifying it from all the unfitter hatchery. But I am planning on a DOD Delete and basic Cam, fixing the interior, rehabbing the paint, new suspension, and new wheels.
Attachments
20220517_173052.jpg
20220517_173052.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 623 times
2000 Z28/SS NBM - LS1/4L80e/S60
2011 9C1 SIM - All Stock
Mooseman

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Silver is not an often seen colour on these. Looks cool!

That's cool that you found a bunch of pics of it while it was in active service and even before at the dealer. How did you manage that?
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
AZRattlesnake

Post by AZRattlesnake »

Mooseman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:57 am Welcome! Silver is not an often seen colour on these. Looks cool!

That's cool that you found a bunch of pics of it while it was in active service and even before at the dealer. How did you manage that?
Thank you! I saw the forum post breaking down cars by year and color, and if the master sheet is as accurate as they say it is, then that makes this a 1 of 65 car.

As for finding the pictures, it took more work (but proved more fruitful) than I anticipated. The job I have gives me an inordinate amount of idle time, and I likely have attention/task-fixation issues lol. Over the course of a week I checked archived Google Map photos of the only Chevy dealership in the town listed on the carfax, archived photos of the department (and untold social media posts until 2011), and every mile of Google Map archives for the entire town. Thankfully Wilton is small, and most of it was pre-2010 scans. :D
Attachments
Wilton PD - Public Facebook Page, circa 2013
Wilton PD - Public Facebook Page, circa 2013
20220512_025753.jpg (308.37 KiB) Viewed 614 times
2000 Z28/SS NBM - LS1/4L80e/S60
2011 9C1 SIM - All Stock
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Well, Wilton PD may be small but it needed to get from one end of town to the other real fast :mrgreen: . Nice find.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

there is a few of us active here in phoenix

welcome aboard !
impalaplt

Post by impalaplt »

I'm in Tucson, and I've seen a few other Caprice PPV's around.....

So, there's a small group around also.....