Finally ready to say hello!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Cooper

Finally ready to say hello!

Post by Cooper »

So... Hello!
I've been lurking for about a month and a half, which is when I bought my 2014 Heron White V6. She rolled over 110,000 on the drive home, and was previously owned by a North Carolina department. There are no holes outside, no rust, and very few holes or blemishes inside. I'm still trying to figure out what she was used for, but it couldn't have been marked patrol.

I decided since I've done some minor mods, it was time to say hello and start posting!
Mooseman

Re: Finally ready to say hello!

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Not that many V6 here, just @elc32955 that's active here with one. Post up a pic when you have a chance.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Here we go... I was having issues getting another pic to load.
I added the ventshades today. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but in rainy rural Michigan, I love em!
Attachments
IMG_20220505_193213785.jpg
IMG_20220505_193213785.jpg (4.31 MiB) Viewed 828 times
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Nice!
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Did you pick this one up out of the NC state sale in Raleigh? If so, a lot of the Caprices sold through those on-line auctions come out of their Division of Public Safety, they're used mostly for transport cars for corrections, Juvenile Justice, etc... My 2015 came from there, it was a transport car assigned to Mountain View Correctional in Spruce Pine, NC.

But anyway, welcome!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

I found mine in a dealership in Michigan, but that would make sense with how little seems done to it. All the service was done in New Bern near the coast, but I haven't been able to get much luck with contracting the service center.

Thanks for the lead, that seems like a good bet.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

No problems. There's one or two dealers now that are picking up most of the Caprice auction cars, what was costing $3500-4000 early last year is now around $6000-7500 or more. I tried tracking a few of the auction cars by VIN to see where they were ultimately ending up at but didn't have much success. I've seen two 2014's and one 2015 go so far this year, the 2015 was >$7K.

Yeah, the NC Caprices are the way to go if you can get them from the state directly and not pay the middle-man. Non-patrol used, just one set of stickers get removed from the front doors, plain white paint, pretty decent maintenance all the way around. Good daily drivers. The decommissioning crew tossed all the hardware in the rear floorboards so by process of elimination I found most all of the screws that were pulled. And the cage they used didn't leave big gaping holes in the body, I sealed the body holes up and was lucky enough to be able to get all the trim pieces to get rid of the plastics with holes in it. You'd never ever be able to tell my car was a former cage car from sitting in the back.

Glad to see you ended up with a nice ride! If you run into issues feel free to PM me and we can compare notes.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

The V-6 cars are a pretty peppy car. They cruise nicely on the highway. I did a 2013 V-6 swap into a 2013 V-8 car. Was going to give it to my daughter, but I use it instead as my economy car. She wasn’t crazy about driving a Panda and I am too cheap to pay good money to make it all black.
65 Z-16

Post by 65 Z-16 »

Hey, welcome Cooper! Nice PPV.
Not to hijack your thread, but Eric, if you're still tracking those VINs PM me. My '12 9C1 is from a dealer in Oregon who specializes in retired LE vehicles. After reading the auction prices you quoted , I dont even want to say what i paid for mine but i love it alot and not complaining. We can add my car to your databank if you're tracking West Coast VINs also.