New to this forum!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
HadiSaleh

New to this forum!

Post by HadiSaleh »

Hello! I’m considering purchasing a 2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV, but there’s only one question. Is there anyone who has done a Chevrolet SS interior swap into one of these? I’ve looked through the forums and found someone who has, but no shifter in place, and I’m from the Metro Detroit area. If anyone has, please comment below and try to include pictures, as i’m debating whether I should get a 2014+ interior as they are very beautiful from the inside, but if not, I’ll just do a 9C3/G8 interior swap. Thank you!
elc32955
System Manager

Re: New to this forum!

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome, just a few words of advice. A G8 interior will only swap partially into a 2014-2017 - and there was no 9C3 for 2014. As you know the dash & console setup are vastly different, you'll need to swap from a wrecked Chevrolet SS to be correct. Or from a Middle East Caprice or down under Caprice or Statesman. Also the G8 carpet is short on the back end due to the wheelbase difference, you can find wrecked Caprices with intact carpet sets but it does take some searching. The G8 front seat mounts are different so be prepared to improvise. SS Sedan front seats will plug & bolt-up right in, you'll have to do a wiring mod on the harness on the seat side in order to fully power the seats. Rear seats are a direct swap plus you gain the pass-through to the trunk.

We do have threads documenting the interior swap process with pictures, take your time and browse the threads and you'll find some info you'll definitely need.

Good luck & happy modding once you find a car!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.