Second 2014 Caprice

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Scot

Second 2014 Caprice

Post by Scot »

L77 sold for $5000. In its place a ~550HP + ~550 ft. lbs. of torque new engine from The Hot Rod Company of Green Acres (really) Washington. LSX from the 5.3 block, balanced and blueprinted stroker to 383, CNC ported and polished heads, Racetech pistons, Texas Speed Stage One cam, various bits of unobtanium. Cast iron exhaust manifolds, full OEM exhaust except for Solo axle backs. Quiet it is. Built 6L80E, 2400 stall, CF in the diff, one piece CF driveshaft. Smooth it is. Verde 18X8.5, Michelin Pilot Sport S4 255/45-18 square. Only one in Zurich, no one here cares what it is.

For the fanatics at the time at Holden, when they created the Caprice PPV, they optioned a battery on both sides and increased the wheelbase 6+ inches from a Commadore. With a 2014 Caprice so optioned at my local gravel company the side to side and front to back weight distribution is 50/50. (Like a Miata but a lot heavier). That's with a variety of chassis reinforcements: BMR Butterfly SFC's, Spohn K-member brace, trunk mounted rear shock tower brace, front Whiteline STB and the truly "bazaar" BMR over the engine sub frame connector that they now call a STB, mounts parallel to the Whiteline traditional STB but mounts 10 inches lower. Too rigid? Adult human females don't agree.
Mooseman

Re: Second 2014 Caprice

Post by Mooseman »

Noice! Welcome. Post up some pics of your wicked Cap.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Scot

Post by Scot »

Newbies don't get to post pictures. Discrimination! Probably a good idea really, weeds out the psychopaths and the pointlessly hostile. Sadly, you have to make do with my poetic ramblings until my double secret probation ends. Ask me anything, I'll tell you the truth. Which I'm told is a bitter pill to swallow.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Shouldn't be a problem. Maybe they're just too big? Most noobs can post pics. you just have to go into the attachments tab to upload.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

We do not have limitations on new members posting pictures. Have no idea what the issue was.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.