2014 Caprice

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Scot

2014 Caprice

Post by Scot »

DOD delete, Texas Speed Stage one camshaft,
LS-6 intake, LS-3 ported and polished heads, tame 450 HP + torque
rubber floor, now with a K-9 Hammock instead of a back seat

Why a 2013 + 2014 Caprice PPV instead of a G8 or SS?

Empty but with dual batteries in the rear
cross body weight distribution
left side 50.64 %
right side 49.36%

front/back weight distribution
50.27% front
49.63 % rear

I'll start a new thread with other details
s/c'd cav

Re: 2014 Caprice

Post by s/c'd cav »

Scot wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:22 pm DOD delete, Texas Speed Stage one camshaft,
LS-6 intake, LS-3 ported and polished heads, tame 450 HP + torque
rubber floor, now with a K-9 Hammock instead of a back seat

Why a 2013 + 2014 Caprice PPV instead of a G8 or SS?

Empty but with dual batteries in the rear
cross body weight distribution
left side 50.64 %
right side 49.36%

front/back weight distribution
50.27% front
49.63 % rear

I'll start a new thread with other details

i call major BS on that
Scot

Post by Scot »

You highlight the LS-6 intake to call BS.
Really?

Automotive Tuning, Performance, and Modification Guides
Chevy LS6 Intake Upgrade Guide
July 16, 2021

The Chevy LS6 engine debuted alongside its little brother, the LS1, in 2001. It was used in the C5 Z06 Corvette’s and the first-gen Cadillac CTS-V’s from 2001 until 2005 when it was replaced with the LS2.

Producing 405hp and 400lb-ft. of torque, the LS6 was pretty stout from the factory for it’s time.
LS6 Intake Upgrade Benefits
The biggest benefit of an upgraded intake is improved air flow. Generally speaking, more power requires more air. Most intake systems, as is true with the LS6, are completely sufficient at stock power levels and when lightly modified. However, when you begin adding more serious mods, the intake becomes restrictive as it is no longer capable of pulling in enough air to supply the horsepower being produced.
The true benefit comes from increased air flow. An aftermarket LS6 cold air intake isn’t going to lower IAT’s (intake air temps) over the stock intake system. The stock system was built extremely well.
The LS6 intake was built so well from the factory that is actually the most popular choice as an LS1 intake upgrade. Additionally, the LS6 intake manifold is also a fan favorite for manifold swaps as well.

The LS6 intake manifold bolts directly onto various LS engines and provides power gains of nearly 25whp and 20wtq.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Scot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:41 am You highlight the LS-6 intake to call BS.
Really?

Automotive Tuning, Performance, and Modification Guides
Chevy LS6 Intake Upgrade Guide
July 16, 2021

The Chevy LS6 engine debuted alongside its little brother, the LS1, in 2001. It was used in the C5 Z06 Corvette’s and the first-gen Cadillac CTS-V’s from 2001 until 2005 when it was replaced with the LS2.

Producing 405hp and 400lb-ft. of torque, the LS6 was pretty stout from the factory for it’s time.
LS6 Intake Upgrade Benefits
The biggest benefit of an upgraded intake is improved air flow. Generally speaking, more power requires more air. Most intake systems, as is true with the LS6, are completely sufficient at stock power levels and when lightly modified. However, when you begin adding more serious mods, the intake becomes restrictive as it is no longer capable of pulling in enough air to supply the horsepower being produced.
The true benefit comes from increased air flow. An aftermarket LS6 cold air intake isn’t going to lower IAT’s (intake air temps) over the stock intake system. The stock system was built extremely well.
The LS6 intake was built so well from the factory that is actually the most popular choice as an LS1 intake upgrade. Additionally, the LS6 intake manifold is also a fan favorite for manifold swaps as well.

The LS6 intake manifold bolts directly onto various LS engines and provides power gains of nearly 25whp and 20wtq.
1000% BS !!!!!!

i can see you can quote #s from GOOGLE !!! which means you can read !!!!

you ARENT going to put a LS6 intake on a caprice !!! the ports on the LS6 are cathedral ports , and our 6.0's are rectangular/square port , not to mention the LS6 intake has a 3 bolt 78mm throttle body opening , and our 6.0s have a 4 bolt 90mm opening

flow wise the LS6 has NO advantage to the LS3 intake that is used on our cars !!!
Scot

Post by Scot »

If I've been lied to, and I'm not saying it's not possible, I will find out and say so here.
Scot

Post by Scot »

PS
I once had a Miata that I posted a photo of on line. It was kindly pointed out to me that the caliper was on upside down, the left belonged on the right and vice versa.
That might not be the only time something like this has happened. Quoting the owner you buy a used engine, DOD deleted from? Not a good idea it seems.
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

I'm very confused lol
Scot

Post by Scot »

Confusion was my fault, my incomplete data. My "DoD delete" was previously described elsewhere (LS1GTO) as LS-2 bottom end and LS-6 top, my hasty edit of that implied L-77 bottom, LS-6 intake. I did post elsewhere also that all 3 used L-77 sold for ~5K each. Three PPV's =embarrassing brain. Why three? (instead of >confusion). My home office is hard wired to the US, via Nellis Air Force Base, Political Instability T.F. Asia specific branch. I realized I could buy 2011-2017 Mountain View P.D. PPV's at auction and Nellis would send them to Zurich for me. All three< 10K, various levels of engine, chassis, suspension and brake mods simultaneous. Buying new (The Hot Rod Company, Washington, US) and rebuilt (the LS-2/LS-6) engines were sent by Nellis as well. In 1994 I did something similar with new Impala SS's, modified them and sold them in the Middle East for >100K each. One profitable and fun year. Different engine builder then, same idea 2022.