Another new Socal Caprice owner

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Blackjack

Another new Socal Caprice owner

Post by Blackjack »

Hi, ya'll. I'm in Los Angeles and I just bought a silver 2015 9c1 at auction. It's got 103k on it, but very little idle hours. It's very clean and rides super smooth. The only extra hole is one centered at the base of the rear glass on the deck lid. Never had spots or a light bar and, thankfully no lojack holes. It's fully carpeted with all four mats. The USB works, as does the bluetooth and remote start. I have to hunt down the AUX wires and try that out too. The car was formerly owned by the county of Los Angeles, so I assume either sheriffs or probation.

So far, I bought a set of full polished alloys off an '09 CTS. They are 18" and .5" wider than the steel rims, with 48mm offset. They fit perfectly and look great. I really noticed that every function improved from the loss of unsprung weight. Braking, acceleration, suspension, everything just happens easier. It felt like around 15 lbs per wheel was removed. I filled it up with E85 and am burning the corn liquor in it now. I also bought a suede, flat bottom Zl1 steering wheel. The next thing is a Zeta Camaro console. Then an amp and speaker upgrade. After that, I'll start hot-rodding it.

Btw, I'm a mechanic for the city and work on laxpd cars, including a whole bunch of Caprice ppv's. That's what got me interested in them. I'm actually a Harley mechanic, but I passed their test and they hired me so here I am. I have to sort out pic hosting, so I can't really post my one pic just yet. Anyways, thanks for having me, and I hope I can help a tiny fraction of the amount I'm sure ya'll are going to help me.
GammaFlat

Re: Another new Socal Caprice owner

Post by GammaFlat »

Welcome. Where would Lojack holes be? I'm jealous of the 14+ stereo and dash (I've got a '13).
I look forward to hearing about all your mods. Small pics can be uploaded directly. Sharing larger ones does require a separate host.
Are your wheels like this?:
CTS V Wheel 09.jpg
CTS V Wheel 09.jpg (48.86 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Similar, but nine spoke. The b/w cars at work have 6 or eight holes on the roof and deck lid. They also have various screw holes all over the interior and gouges from the push bumper. There's a slide out electronics tray in the trunk and they make holes for that too. I shudder to think how hard it'd be to make one nice again.
s-l64.jpg
s-l64.jpg (2.28 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
Don't know if that worked or not, if it did, that's the wheel I have.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Here's my car with the wheels and original RSA's:
20211226_145844.jpg
20211226_145844.jpg (7.21 MiB) Viewed 1320 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The district attorneys investigators had some silver ones but I image thier idle hours would be up in the stratosphere because they mainly used them to sit and idle outside of Jacky Lacey's house to keep protesters away from her house.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CapriceX2

Post by CapriceX2 »

Looks good!
Congrats
CapriceX2
2011 Caprice 9C3 - TSP 220R W/ DOD delete, 10.8:1 Compression, Custom Stainless Exhaust
1995 Caprice Classic Wagon
1996 K2500 6.5L diesel
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

Welcome aboard. Ive had no luck finding E85 for less than 75% cost of 91 octane as of november. Not willing to pay "premium" for E85 despite running better.
2016 Caprice
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome. Looks very nice with those wheels.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
anwat

Post by anwat »

Just joined up, and saw the post about e85....theres a Chevron at Del Amo and Cherry in Long Beach that has it for just over $2 a gallon. I haven't put anything but in mine since I bought it.