Hello New Here

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
JoseG

Hello New Here

Post by JoseG »

Hey folks, Jose here, new to this forum,
I was lucky enough to find a 2012 PPV near by at a good price,
car came to me with no engine and no trans, gathering some parts for it now,
almost all there, just need to get my hands on a transmission to finish it up.
I guess having a 6.2 sitting on my engine stand for a year or so is finally going to pay up.
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, I'm sure I will be posting here and there and try to learn as I go from these newer cars, I'm from the 94-96 Impala SS era, so the PPV is quite new to me!
Thanks.
GammaFlat

Re: Hello New Here

Post by GammaFlat »

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised compared to what you're used to. These cars are stretched Pontiac G8's. The front and rear "cradles" house parts that would look familiar if you were familiar with Gen 5 Camaros (Camaro differentials will plug right in). The power difference between the LT1 Impala and these Zeta platform sweeties is significant (extra hundred horses). It sounds like you're already cheating with a 6.2 ;) . As you may be aware, the L77 (original engine of the "New Caprice") is essentially a de-bored LS3...or an LS2 with an LS3 top end. Good on you for grabbing the extra cubes with a 6.2.

Are you planning on a 6l80? Some folks have borrowed off the shelf parts to make these cars manual.
There's an amazing amount of great resources here. Good luck and keep us current.
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
JoseG

Post by JoseG »

GammaFlat wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:56 am I think you'll be pleasantly surprised compared to what you're used to. These cars are stretched Pontiac G8's. The front and rear "cradles" house parts that would look familiar if you were familiar with Gen 5 Camaros (Camaro differentials will plug right in). The power difference between the LT1 Impala and these Zeta platform sweeties is significant (extra hundred horses). It sounds like you're already cheating with a 6.2 ;) . As you may be aware, the L77 (original engine of the "New Caprice") is essentially a de-bored LS3...or an LS2 with an LS3 top end. Good on you for grabbing the extra cubes with a 6.2.

Are you planning on a 6l80? Some folks have borrowed off the shelf parts to make these cars manual.
There's an amazing amount of great resources here. Good luck and keep us current.
Thanks, really looking forward to have this car on the road soon.
Hopefully I will have a tranny here in the next couple of weeks, already got a rear seat for it, and all engine accessories too, so its getting there.
Chevy-Art

Post by Chevy-Art »

Hey welcome. I wanted a rear wheel drive v8 GM car and was really wanting a 96 Impala SS, but they all want too much. A friend of mine bought a Crown Victoria at auction and he told me about the Caprice. And the search was on.
2013 Chevrolet Caprice PPV Hugo Blue
CAPRICEPPV

Post by CAPRICEPPV »

Welcome, I’m a new member as well. I love the sound of the 6.2 being put in man. Can’t wait to see some photos you put up. Good luck and congrats on the caprice.