New to forum LOOKING TO BUY MY FIRST PPV

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
TurboNick900

New to forum LOOKING TO BUY MY FIRST PPV

Post by TurboNick900 »

Hello everyone. My name is Nick and I just joined this forum. Looking to BUY my 1st Caprice PPV. Cash in hand burning hole in pocket. Located in SF Bay Area. Oakland California. Lmk who has one in my area or close. I am willing to travel for right car. DoD deleted already is a plus. Thank you and look forward to becoming a new caprice owner.
lastcall190

Re: New to forum LOOKING TO BUY MY FIRST PPV

Post by lastcall190 »

Other side of the country too bad. Good luck on your search.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

LOL, same here. Good luck.
Shipping cost have been high I think. Maybe buy something low miles/hours in mint condition and just hav it sent to you if you run out of local cars.
2016 C1
GammaFlat

Post by GammaFlat »

We have two dealers in the Chicago area that specialize in former police/government vehicles (Chicago Motors and Asia Motors Inc). Maybe you have something like that in your area. If not, maybe check the Chicago sites for reference. I've seen plenty of 9C1's ($10-$16K) - price mostly dependent on mileage. They usually have interior "police" issues (barrier, crappy console, spotlight, holes in trunk from antenna's, etc.) but many have very low miles. Occasionally there'll be a 9C3.
Also, you might dig around to find the auctions where these cars are cheapest. I'm not sure how you chase those down.
Wadda ya know - searched san francisco ppv caprice and found this:
white '13 9C1 for $11,995, 77k miles in San Fran area: https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/68723763
They seem to have several ppv's but if the price is really low, it's most certainly a 6 cylinder (beware :shock: )
Good luck and welcome!
John
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Good luck with your search.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419