Noob from Dallas area ( Coppell )

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
MechChief

Noob from Dallas area ( Coppell )

Post by MechChief »

Howdy all

Have had my eye on the Caprice PPV for a while. Looks like I'll be getting one soon. Happy to be part of the forum.

I've been a GM guy for a long time. Several cars, two CUCV Blazers, GMC pick up.....and an 05 GTO. Currently own a 2000 K3500 turbo diesel. My daily driver is not a GM product at the moment. It'll be the last non-GM car I'll own.
Mooseman

Re: Noob from Dallas area ( Coppell )

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Do post pics and details once you do find one.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
MechChief

Post by MechChief »

Finally purchased my Caprice last week. Purchased from one of the dealers in the Chicago area. Good people, super easy purchase.
This is the third car bought on-line.
Had planned on going up to get it, but with everything going on, had it shipped. Arrived late Friday night. Didnt really have a chance to drive and evaluate it until yesterday. Love the way it drives....like a Chevy. Found acceleration to be REALLY good, cornering was good as well. Dont remember the GTO handling that well.
I suspect I have a loose connection somewhere. I keep getting random ABS light and Stabilitrack and traction control warnings. Also it seem to come on while turning the steering wheel, and then goes off. I'll mess with it later this week. I have an owners manual but no maintenance books at the moment.
All in all, think I got a good deal on it. After all, it is a former police/government vehicle, its not gonna be perfect.
Nice trunk mat with full size spare tire.

Cap1.JPG
Cap1.JPG (3 MiB) Viewed 3949 times
Cap2.JPG
Cap2.JPG (3.16 MiB) Viewed 3949 times
Cap3.JPG
Cap3.JPG (3.19 MiB) Viewed 3949 times
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the group! A lot of good information here and great people!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof