Thanks for the add from NC

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
CTH

Thanks for the add from NC

Post by CTH »

Picked up a 2012 9c1 with 86k miles a couple months ago at auction. It’s been fun so far. Had the dod deleted by a local tuner to help mitigate the possibility of the lifter failure issue for now. In the future I’d like to go with a performance cam and maybe Camaro diff with lower gear. I’ve got the rear door latches and locks working but cannot get the windows to work from the rear (they do work from the driver control) I’ve checked the plug under the passenger seat and it’s not connected to the dummy so that’s not it and it’s not the 6N5 because that’s not on my decal so I’m at a loss on that for now. I’ve removed the spotlight and changed the wheels to 2018 Camaro RS 5 spokes so doesn’t look like a police car anymore. Next mods planned are splash guards, window tint, and axle-back muffler delete (probably Solo J pipes)
4F0484DE-7697-4830-B0EE-83FD79D09EFE.jpeg
4F0484DE-7697-4830-B0EE-83FD79D09EFE.jpeg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 4775 times
Mooseman

Re: Thanks for the add from NC

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Looks nice. For the windows, there should be a loose connector that will go in the other connector with the dummy plug. Remove the dummy and plug in that other connector.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
CTH

Post by CTH »

Ok thanks. I guess my original post was not clearly worded. The plug under the passenger seat is not connected to the dummy plug, it is connected to the wired plug. Anyway, just saying Hi here, I’ll post technical issues in the appropriate forum sections. Looking forward to interacting with this board, again thanks for the add.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I thinkthe Child Safety lock on the back of the rear door door jambs also turn off the window controls in the rear seats. I could be confusing the Caprice with our Tahoe, but it's something else to check.

Oh, and welcome!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?