Greetings from Southern California

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Tracy241

Greetings from Southern California

Post by Tracy241 »

Hi everyone,

I'm Anthony, I'm from the Puente Hills area, and recently purchased a 2014 PPV from an auction in Tracy, California. It's a black n white with under 45k miles, with fairly low idle hours/operating hours. So far the car's been pretty much flawless mechanically, the only complaints being a worn bushing in the front suspension and slightly oily valve covers, both of which, along with a fresh cam and lifters, are going to be dealt with soon under the still active warranty terms. Interior wise, it has no center console, the rear door panels are in the trunk, and the dashboard and steering wheel are worn, but still serviceable for now.

Plans:

-SS interior conversion: most of this has already been sourced, save for the seats. The headliner will come out, patched to fill the hole left by the police ceiling light, and reskinned in a light colored suede material, like light gray or beige.

-Wheels: I have no plans to ditch the 18 in steel wheels for now, the car happened to come with a nearly new set of tires along with nearly fresh brake pads, so there's no immediate plans for changing anything out.

-LED Tail Light Conversion: I managed to get very lucky and strike a deal on ebay with an australian user, so I have a set of these to install on the car, soon as I figure out how to do that. I got them shipped and received in near perfect condition for a shade under $450AUD, which was about $312USD.

-Exterior: It has the typical holes for a former police vehicle, so many antenna holes will need to be filled, along with the passenger side A pillar spotlight mounting hole. The driver side spotlight is going to remain, for utility and reminder of the car's past. I've decided to respray the car in Deepwood Green Metallic, a relatively new GM color that's currently offered on the Tahoe and Suburban. In addition, I've already acquired the chrome trim for the trunk with "CAPRICE" in it, which will fit this 2014 model as the key hole is not part of the trim, additionally there's no reverse camera in that trim either. That'll be located into a license plate light via a kit when the SS interior is installed. Holden wreath badge for the trunk, and the 3 stripe wreath grill for the hood.

Well, that's about it for now really, thanks for reading, and hope to meet some other local PPV owners in the Southern California area!
cerbomark

Re: Greetings from Southern California

Post by cerbomark »

Welcome. Everyone likes pics!!
2016 C1
Tracy241

Post by Tracy241 »

Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

You weren't kidding when you said it's a back and white! Welcome! Interesting project vehicle for sure.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Welcome! Parked at a donut shop! Funny!

Is that original paint? I didn't know Holden offered other than solid color paint schemes.

Our Caprice was all PBM, but our 92 Camaro B4C was black-and-white from the factory. I hope to restore it to it's original colors when we do the restore on it.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Tracy241

Post by Tracy241 »

The inside of the white doors are black, so at some point they were resprayed for the department.
Olddohc

Post by Olddohc »

nice car, hows my spotlight treating you?
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Tracy241,
When you get ready to swap out your LED tail lights, see this link. You will need to get your BCM re-programmed also...
https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... ail#p11227

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Tracy241 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:38 pm The inside of the white doors are black, so at some point they were resprayed for the department.
Sure it's not Vinyl wrapped?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Tracy241

Post by Tracy241 »

smwalker wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 am
Tracy241 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:38 pm The inside of the white doors are black, so at some point they were resprayed for the department.
Sure it's not Vinyl wrapped?
Yep, there's some chips along the edge of the doors where the paint's been taken off, and poking around it just takes more paint off. They're painted.