Virginia Outlaw

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
outlaw

Virginia Outlaw

Post by outlaw »

A little history here. I've always been fascinated by police/military vehicles. Back in the day one of my favorite cars was a black 1963 Ford 300 two door driven by a local state trooper. Typical of police cars back then it had a solid lifter 390 with three on the column and dog dish caps. In the early eighties I bought a used black 1977 9c1 nova. This was the wife's daily driver for a couple of years. It was one of those cars you wish you never sold but being "married with children" life takes us in a different direction- like it or not. Through the years I've gone through many stages- Corvettes, Harleys, on & off road bikes, 4wds & rock crawlers, military trucks, hot rods & race cars and the list goes on. I finally decided to look for a replacement for my dd 1988 town car (5.0 mustang engine swap) a couple of years ago. I probably looked at five hundred or more police vehicles (never could get excited about those P71s) and finally it happened! I scored a 2011 caprice 9c3 one owner (never in police service) with 46k miles back in December. This one is definitely a keeper and once I get some of the military and hot rod inventory sold I am going to start a serious search for another 9c1 nova. Maybe with some luck.............

BTW I'll get a pic up when I get some time. Thanks, Gary.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Virginia Outlaw

Post by Pursuit »

Gary,
Welcome to the group. There are a few of us here that have prior history with older law enforcement vehicles. My home town used to use a 9C1 Nova also. My best friends dad's shop used to "tune" it. And, I could never get into a P71 either. I always had something faster, a 92 5.0, 5 speed, SSP Mustang, a 98 B4C Camaro, etc. And I modified those also :D

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
CrashTestDummy

Re: Virginia Outlaw

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Indeed! Welcome! I had a friend who used to have a 9C1 Malibu. A 2-door too! It either also had a 454, or he dropped a 454 into it, keeping it look nearly 100% factory. I lusted for that car, but he never sold it.

We also have had and have ex-service vehicles. My wife's former DD was a 95 9C1. It was just a hair over 200K miles when we sold it, and replaced it with her 2010 Tahoe PPV, which she still drives. We also have in our fleet, a 92 B4C 1LE ex-Tx DPS Camaro, and, of course, my 2012 9C1 Caprice.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your new ride!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?