New to board but not new to 9C1's, P71's

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
HCSO249

New to board but not new to 9C1's, P71's

Post by HCSO249 »

Waiting on transport to pick up my '12 9C1 from Chicago Motors then I will re-upfit and press back into part time service.

I've had several retired squads starting back in 89 with an '83 Plymouth Gran Fury, then an 80 Gran Fury, 82 Ford LTD, 85 Crown Vic, 91 Crown Vic, 93 Crown Vic, 94 9C1 & 95 9C1. By far the best handling one was the 83 Gran Fury then 94 & 95 Caprices. 94 was by far the fastest. If I still had the 83 GF I'd endeavor to stick a 5.7 Hemi in it. Then I'd have to say the 94 & 95s would have gotten their butts stomped...but I digress

Originally from MN, grew up in LEO / military family, moved to MO in '96 and have little over 3yrs to retirement. Been with county s.o. since moving here. Have worked detention, dispatch and patrol. Took sergeant / assistant jail administrator promotion back to detention dealing with extraditions, transports, court security and never ending personnel & inmate issues. Since I'm not working patrol anymore, I don't have an issued car anymore, which sucks, because I still have occasional need to run code to the jail during crisis or medical emergency. But I wont get into the politics of that nonsense. Do radio work, up-fit vehicles, radio & emergency equip sales on the side to & for local volunteer FD personnel and some in-house agency work. Ham radio goober too...not that I had to have a license to be a radio nut since I've been doing radio stuff since...long time :D No, I'm not a flywheel, wanna-be...just a dedicated LEO, car, radio, light, gun collecting nut. I'm a surly, cynical, sarcastic & foul mouthed sergeant and takes very little to put me into R. Lee Ermy mode :lol: but my peeps love me for it.
cerbomark

Re: New to board but not new to 9C1's, P71's

Post by cerbomark »

hi, put up some pics when u get it (or it didn't t happen). LOL. :D
2016 C1
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome!

Fellow semi-retired LEO here. Post up some pics once it's in your driveway.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Mooseman wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:31 pm Welcome!

Fellow semi-retired LEO here. Post up some pics once it's in your driveway.
O yea, me too.
2016 C1
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Welcome!
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Me as well. If you go into the Lounge section, there's a thread for former LEO's that discuss their old driven patrol cars. KK4JOK here, there's a few other hams on the system. Welcome!

Oh, I stuffed a 360 4bbl into a 318 2bbl 83 Diplomat once (paid a total of $90 for the car at auction!). That car would flat SCOOT! Only problem is that it kept blowing freeze plugs when I'd get into it, it finally left me stranded one too many times and I sold it off.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.