lurking and waiting

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
cerbomark

lurking and waiting

Post by cerbomark »

Hi, I m new to this forum, a car guy who s owned various type of sport cars, trucks, luxury cars. Been looking for weeks for a very low mileage Caprice 6.0 with no luck. Tried every car connection, website, dealers. Looked at all the links I found here. Just seeing a few high mileage cars. Saw a 2014 with 200 miles!! At chevy dealer in MN. By the time I called it was gone. Haven t seen anything else to fit my specs.
I have a few dealers who have put me on their list, LOL, not hopeful there. I have been on Chicago motors site for months.
I was told only 17,000 have been made. So questions;
Whats the chances of finding what I want?
Are they worth the effort as far as durability, parts? (I m sure on this site you ll all answer optimistically ).
Am I going about the search the best way?
Looking for a 2012 up, very low miles, not a marked service car C3 if possible.
Live in upstate NY, retired (mostly).
Thank, look forward to being here if I ever find the right car
2016 C1
xcidmigs

Re: lurking and waiting

Post by xcidmigs »

good luck with the search, I looked for the same exact type of thing years ago and it took me over 6 months of searching EVERYTHING I could trying to find that low miles 9c3. I finally lucked out when a dodge dealership put a 2011 car up on auto trader of all things with 11k miles, was a panic filled week, trying to get the $$ together and go out on a 600 miles road trip with Major snows coming in at same time. I have to say you might be equally happy with a low miles 9c1 just spend the money you save on making the car nice with interior bits from g8 or SS sedan depending on what you get. Looking back on what I had to spend and what people seem to be getting decent looking cars for now I'm not sure I would hold out again.