New guy here, 2014 in pretty good shape

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
slixx

New guy here, 2014 in pretty good shape

Post by slixx »

Purchased about a month ago after a pretty exhausting search for a Caprice in good condition. Only has 61k, and was the only one within 250 miles with less than 100k. Has the Code3 siren box in it, but its not powered right now - I'll need to find that fuse/connection sometime. Still getting used to the column shift, I almost pulled off my work car wiper stalk after driving the Caprice for a week.

I'd like to install a push bumper, spotlight, and an armrest/console. I'm leaning heavily towards blacking out all the chrome, and Raptor lining the entire vehicle. Future mods will include DOD delete, cam swap (LS9?), larger injectors, and some type of forced induction. Wider wheels and tires sound appealing also, but I love the look of the stock wheels.

First "mod" has been performed already, pulled the mufflers off just to see how it sounds. I love it, not loud enough to annoy the neighbors, but that 2000 rpm drone is definitely a little much on the highway. Before the muffler pull, I couldn't tell when the 4 cylinder operation switch happened. Now it's very apparent. Purrrr(8cyl)....GROWL(4cyl)...purrr...GROWL...

Anyway, thanks for having me here.
Attachments
car4.jpg
car4.jpg (178.64 KiB) Viewed 8101 times
car6.jpg
car6.jpg (114.87 KiB) Viewed 8101 times
car5.jpg
car5.jpg (110 KiB) Viewed 8101 times
car1.jpg
car1.jpg (110.7 KiB) Viewed 8101 times
lastcall190

Re: New guy here, 2014 in pretty good shape

Post by lastcall190 »

Welcome.

Nice looking car, appears to be in nice shape. Good luck with and enjoy the modifications. Uncorking the exhaust definitely gives the car a different personality, I couldn't believe it when I saw all the mufflers present on the stock system.

I laughed when you said you almost ripped off the wiper stalk.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

ive had my 14 almost 18 months , and never have yanked on the wiper lever , lol

nice car welcome to the 14-17 group !
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Put the mufflers back on, the biggest cork in the stock system is that center suitcase muffler. Chop that out and put in straight pipes or an X/H and you will be happier just with that plus not smelling exhaust at stop lights. OEM cams are a good choice for the cost, LS3 for me since I'm not going FI, no need for bigger injectors for that either just a good tune which can turn off your DOD at same time. There are a couple places that can widen your stock steel wheels so you can keep that look and go with bigger rubber. Somewhere on here its been looked at before including the tire sizes, search old threads.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Hi and welcome!

Great looking car. Why would you want to molest that hole-less bumper for a push bar? If you want that look, find an already holed bumper and keep this one for when you'll want to go back. Or trade it with someone here. I'm sure someone would love to give you a push bar and bumper for yours.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Mooseman wrote:Hi and welcome!

Great looking car. Why would you want to molest that hole-less bumper for a push bar? If you want that look, find an already holed bumper and keep this one for when you'll want to go back. Or trade it with someone here. I'm sure someone would love to give you a push bar and bumper for yours.
Welcome! Indeed, swap with someone who has a cover with the slots already cut. I'd offer a trade, but our car is black, and I think I have a viable solution for those holes w/o resorting to another push bar.

With some driving miles in the car under your belt, you'll become quite attuned to 8 cyl. vs. 4 cyl. mode, even with the factory exhaust on the car.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Oldblue68chevy

Post by Oldblue68chevy »

Welcome aboard. I agree don't put holes in the bumper cover. If you want a push bar they make models that don't require cutting the cover. I had one on my car.
2011 PPV 9C3