new guy looking for a v8 ppv

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Groundczero

new guy looking for a v8 ppv

Post by Groundczero »

Hi, looking to get a V8 ppv my main thing is trying to find one w/o wholes in the body, might be OK with one with wholes in trunk, not really a fan of body work.

I am zeroing in on the PPV since I am a big LS fan have a 1977 vette with a 02 LS6 and am selling my 85 mustang with a 408 iron LS in it to get the PPV since my wife and I have a baby on the way and she said I need a 4 door car that can fit a car seat. 8-)
lastcall190

Re: new guy looking for a v8 ppv

Post by lastcall190 »

Groundczero wrote:Hi, looking to get a V8 ppv my main thing is trying to find one w/o wholes in the body, might be OK with one with wholes in trunk, not really a fan of body work.

I am zeroing in on the PPV since I am a big LS fan have a 1977 vette with a 02 LS6 and am selling my 85 mustang with a 408 iron LS in it to get the PPV since my wife and I have a baby on the way and she said I need a 4 door car that can fit a car seat. 8-)
Children are the same reason I sought a PPV for a "fun" car to hold me over. Now I can't pry the car from my wife :lol:

If I were to do it again (or if I were you) I would seek either a 9C3 car for the full console and better chance of no equipment holes, or a 14+ to potentially swap in the Chevy SS interior parts. You'll pay more but it feels more "complete" so to speak. Good luck on the search and congrats on the little one.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

What part of the country are you in?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

I am in Melbourne, FL.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I think our list Dad lives not too far from you. :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
HoldenPPV

Post by HoldenPPV »

My 9C1 has a set of 2016 Camaro wheels on it, but at least 6 holes in the body for the old radio antennas and push bumper. There have been zero leaks. I should know as I live in the Pacific Northwest. It rains here a LOT at certain times of the year.

Additionally it looks really nice thanks to the prior owner(s) WSP and the guy I bought it from, no one even notices the black rubber radio antenna hole plugs or the white push bumper plugs (the car is white). I have to point them out to people looking at the car before they even notice them and believe it had been a cop car. The response 100% of the time, without exception, has been “THIS was a cop car?”

I think that once you put a set of nicer wheels on it, it just does not look like a cop car without those black steel ones and no one will notice the plugs nor will it leak because of those plugs.

Don’t pass up a good car just because of what boils down to a minor cosmetic issue is my advice!
2012 9C1 (L77)

2008 Suzuki B-King - 2nd gen 1340cc Hayabusa engine - Scorpion exhaust
* (Bequeathed to me by Chris Hibbard 11/11/1958-01/08/2011 — The HibbsCycle) *

#ABG (Always Be Gamblin’) http://www.Gambler500.com" an impractical vehicle-off road-navigational challenge...
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

HoldenPPV wrote:My 9C1 has a set of 2016 Camaro wheels on it, but at least 6 holes in the body for the old radio antennas and push bumper. There have been zero leaks. I should know as I live in the Pacific Northwest. It rains here a LOT at certain times of the year.

Additionally it looks really nice thanks to the prior owner(s) WSP and the guy I bought it from, no one even notices the black rubber radio antenna hole plugs or the white push bumper plugs (the car is white). I have to point them out to people looking at the car before they even notice them and believe it had been a cop car. The response 100% of the time, without exception, has been “THIS was a cop car?”

I think that once you put a set of nicer wheels on it, it just does not look like a cop car without those black steel ones and no one will notice the plugs nor will it leak because of those plugs.

Don’t pass up a good car just because of what boils down to a minor cosmetic issue is my advice!
OR, you can always reinstall antennas so the plastic plugs are removed:

The antennas use o-rings to seal against the body, so should seal better than the plastic plugs, and not be prone to deterioration with exposure to the elements.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

HoldenPPV wrote:My 9C1 has a set of 2016 Camaro wheels on it, but at least 6 holes in the body for the old radio antennas and push bumper. There have been zero leaks. I should know as I live in the Pacific Northwest. It rains here a LOT at certain times of the year.

I appreciate your input, but this is more an aesthetic thing for me would just bother me.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome to the forum, I'm in Rockledge :)

There's a dealership on South OBT in Orlando that has several Caprices, might want to have a look at those first. A no-holes car might be a bit complicated, however I can steer you to an awesome local body shop that's been doing my work for 30 years + if needed.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

elc32955 wrote:Welcome to the forum, I'm in Rockledge :)

There's a dealership on South OBT in Orlando that has several Caprices, might want to have a look at those first. A no-holes car might be a bit complicated, however I can steer you to an awesome local body shop that's been doing my work for 30 years + if needed.

Eric
Cool do you know the dealership?