New guy

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Midnite700XX

New guy

Post by Midnite700XX »

Hello from down state NY. Upgraded from my 95 9c1 with 200k on it to a 2013 PPV. So far I love it. However not liking the radio not having all the features my Ford Explorer has at work.
HoldenPPV

Re: New guy

Post by HoldenPPV »

Say there welcome aboard!

Yeah, the radio thing is a bummer. Supposed to be a company (posted here somewhere) that can reprogram the thing to have all it’s proper features. But you gotta wrestle it out of your dash and ship it to them for this process. I think they are in the “Vendor and Parts” forum. White’s media and auto or something like that.
2012 9C1 (L77)

2008 Suzuki B-King - 2nd gen 1340cc Hayabusa engine - Scorpion exhaust
* (Bequeathed to me by Chris Hibbard 11/11/1958-01/08/2011 — The HibbsCycle) *

#ABG (Always Be Gamblin’) http://www.Gambler500.com" an impractical vehicle-off road-navigational challenge...
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Yep, the radio can be reprogrammed by Chris White. You'll need to extract the silver control box out of your dash from behind the radio faceplate, there's multiple threads that talk about the procedure to do that. When the radio is received back, hook it all up, put your dash back together again, and enjoy! A little hint - be VERY careful when you disconnect the plastic Fakra connector for the antenna on the driver's side, it's super easy to break it.

Enjoy & welcome!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
paul54

Post by paul54 »

Where in "down state"? I am in CT, just over the border from Westchester. 2014 here.

Paul