Newly acquired 2013 with some questions

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
wx39c1

Newly acquired 2013 with some questions

Post by wx39c1 »

I recently bought a 2013 9C1 with the L77 with just over 100k. I have been trying to read through most of the topics, but I have a handful of questions that I can't find exact answers to.

1. I sort of like the aluminum center console because to the t-slot look and possible mounting options. Mine is cosmetically damaged though. I did get a slightly nicer one that is black, but I would still be interested in what this is called so that I could find a better one. I have yet to find it in the parts diagram. Is there some kind of trim that goes on the back of it, or is that just supposed to be covered by the metal cover?

I would be interested in ideas on what people have done with this stock console. I have just been thinking I could find a sort of modular cup hoider solution. I did see a g8 console at the local yard, but I couldn't tell if it was all there and this is one of those more difficult to deal with type yards.

2. My rear speakers are there and very faint, but they do make some sound. I don't know what is going on here. I expected to see 2 ohm speakers from what I read looking up the Holden IQ. My speakers in the front are labelled 4 ohm. I haven't seen a definitive answer on this. I read that the 2013 does not have rear outputs, but I also read that the PPV has a radio similar to the Commodore Omega trim level which also only has one amplifier chip. They call it the Level 1 Holden IQ. The Omega must have rear speakers with only one amp chip if it is the same. It seems possible that it is in the protection mode due to miswiring or programmed as a ute. Has anyone verified that the 2012 radio actually has the extra amplifier chip?

3. My transmission is leaking. I assume that it is the pan leaking from a 100k service so I will be putting on the extra capacity pan. That is what looks to be leaking to me, but it could be something else. What I did find is a black hose dangling on the left side of the transmission that is about 1/2" in diameter. It appears to be capped off so I don't think it has come unplugged. I couldn't really see where it goes and I don't know what it is.

So far I have the Solo cat backs. I do get the bass speaker sound in 4 cylinder mode though and I haven't tried any adjustments yet. I put in a set of 20" Camaro wheels which now show how much I need the Brembo upgrade. I still need to install my Rotofab intake.

-Evan
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Newly acquired 2013 with some questions

Post by Pursuit »

Evan,
Welcome to the group. Glad that you found us. You have some good questions. I think you might get a better response to them if you were to break them up and put them in their correct categories. Members that have already done the work tend to monitor their posts for new questions. The Caprice 9C3 console is the better, direct fit for our cars. There have been members that have swapped the G8 console into their cars. The radio questions/answers are throughout that section. The transmission question will require a little more investigation from under the car to find the leak.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Newly acquired 2013 with some questions

Post by smwalker »

The loose trans hose you see is your vent tube. There is supposed to be a vent cap at the end of it along with a barbed clip that gets pushed into one of the unused bolt holes at the back of the cylinder head (to keep it high). Could find something high to loosly zip tie it to.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White