New from Central FL "New" 2014 Caprice

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Boosthx

New from Central FL "New" 2014 Caprice

Post by Boosthx »

I've been lurking for at least a year. Decided it was time to buy a newer car. Was looking at Trucks until I came across a post that said "4 Caprice PPV's for sale, New/used", last Friday. Come to find out, it was my lucky day. I bought a "new" Hugo Blue PPV with 12 miles on it! Excited is a understatement. I've only driven 300 miles since having it delivered Monday but that'll go up as it's hard not to drive it. Lol. I'll be keeping it stock until the warranty runs out, if I can. I do need a cup holder attachment if anybody has a good lead, I'd be happy. I don't really want to order the $184 console on eBay. But may be my only choice.....
Last edited by Boosthx on Thu May 11, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: New from Central FL "New" 2014 Caprice

Post by smwalker »

Welcome Boost!
Got a neat color.
Last edited by smwalker on Thu May 11, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Are you sure that is Hugo blue and not Karma?

Color codes here if you want to check your SPID label: http://www.newcaprice.com/files/2014_Ca ... _Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michigan troopers are the only agency that uses Hugo Blue I think. And sine they are special order color any painted would be bought my them I assume. So they would not be on a lot up for sale. Here is a tahoe in Hugo Blue:

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Boosthx

Post by Boosthx »

smwalker wrote:Welcome Boost!
Got a neat color.

Resized if you want to use this one:

I appreciate that. I'm on my phone and forget it's not resized automatically.
Boosthx

Post by Boosthx »

smwalker wrote:Are you sure that is Hugo blue and not Karma?

Color codes here if you want to check your SPID label: http://www.newcaprice.com/files/2014_Ca ... _Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michigan troopers are the only agency that uses Hugo Blue I think. And sine they are special order color any painted would be bought my them I assume. So they would not be on a lot up for sale. Here is a tahoe in Hugo Blue:

The window sticker says Hugo Blue. I'd post a pic but I'd have to resize it. Let me see if I can pm you.
I can't send the photo through pm. I don't want to post another huge photo but yes, it says Hugo Blue. The photo really doesn't show the color well. It's dark blue metallic though. I had to pick between this and the mystic green. I picked this because it had hardly any miles and my son loves blue.
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

Boosthx,

Welcome! I saw you on FB when you posted your car. Congrats.

Before I did the Chevy SS center console and dash, the cheapest option I found was a molded 2-cup holder accessory at Walmart and Autozone. They were like $10. I was thinking of using 3M industrial double side tape or machining some T-slot nuts to engage the rack slots.
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Boosthx

Post by Boosthx »

Silversled wrote:Boosthx,

Welcome! I saw you on FB when you posted your car. Congrats.

Before I did the Chevy SS center console and dash, the cheapest option I found was a molded 2-cup holder accessory at Walmart and Autozone. They were like $10. I was thinking of using 3M industrial double side tape or machining some T-slot nuts to engage the rack slots.
Thanks! I'm glad people are using both platforms.

I was going to do the SS concole after seeing yours but unless I can find a wrecked one, I won't do it. But that's only because I want the seats too. Haha.

I'd love to get something to hold my phone in the slots and something custom to hold my 36oz cup. Why have something and not use it, right. I'm constantly losing my phone to the backseat gremlins when I push it, it slides into the backseat. Which my toddler and teenager think is hilarious. Lol. And the cup....if it wasn't for my daughter catching it.....coffee would have been everywhere this morning. If you have any ideas or see something please don't hesitate to let me know.
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

It's a Hugo blue from stingray Chevy. I had talked with them a couple of weeks ago when they told me they had 4. The mystic green had the spotlight and is an interesting color as well as the Hugo blue. I have a karma and love it! Welcome. Where in central FL are you?
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
Boosthx

Post by Boosthx »

Rjimpala wrote:It's a Hugo blue from stingray Chevy. I had talked with them a couple of weeks ago when they told me they had 4. The mystic green had the spotlight and is an interesting color as well as the Hugo blue. I have a karma and love it! Welcome. Where in central FL are you?
I bought it from Chris at Stingray. Good guy. I know they want to move them and if I could I'd buy the other Hugo blue as well. The silver they have is a v6. And I was going for the green but wanted the vinyl rear seat and lower mileage. I believe the green had 3600 miles when I bought mine.

I'm in Leesburg/Eustis area. What about yourself?
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

Mt Dora Eustis! You could change the backseat if you wanted to with the green.
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS