New guy...Because that is a sweet original title!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
mbl98431

New guy...Because that is a sweet original title!

Post by mbl98431 »

Howdy...Just got my 2013 9C1 a month ago. Drove it twice. been sitting and disassembled ever since. She now has long tube headers, full open exhaust, K&N intake, will be getting DoD delete and Chevy Performance Cam this weekend, with upgraded springs and pushrods etc. Tune will be done during that transition.

I purchased the car for a more reliable but still fun daily driver as my other lovely, a 2004 Audi A8L (ridiculously awesome car) just makes my man parts crawl up inside me whenever any malfunction light pops up. Although rare, she just costs more and takes more effort to maintain.

Also, I'm from PA...so the Caprice is not really a thing here ;)

After driving the Caprice for the first time I decided to buy it. it is in pretty decent condition for a 100k mile daily pursuit car. The folks in Jersey pulled all the excess police materials out, which is a bit of a pain as I'm a first responder and will be putting back a lot of the emergency lighting with Whelen or Feniex items as. Now that I have a had a taste of what she is capable of though, she is going to become a part-time race car as well. Planning to do Autocross, RoadRally, and eventually Hill Climb stuff with SCCA and wherever else I can and have some fun. At the very least, she will be a fun sleeper.

Also have already modified radio through WAMS, have PPV Steve sending me cables, and making my own extras, and will be upgrading sound and interior items as needed. I also typically hate forums, but NewCaprice has been awesome so far and I hope that it keeps me going. I'll throw up pictures eventually as I finish things. Hope to make it a nice Mil/EMS/Fire/Police tribute type show/race car...because one thing is not enough. She is going to be partnered with an '85 Corvette with some awesome upgrades as well and hopefully 600 HP, with a lovely OD Green finish.

Plans for interior so far are race seats with harnesses available, roll cage, and a RAM Mounts police tablet mount for passenger side with an iPad mini wired in to provide GPS, and possibly direct music if I want something better...and maybe wireless backup cam if my RCA plugs don't work!

Eventually I'll be searching for suspension upgrades...so feel free to clue me in on some good options! Thanks folks!
BIG_GREEK

Re: New guy...Because that is a sweet original title!

Post by BIG_GREEK »

welcome to the forums! Looks like you have quite a task set for your caprice! And i know the feeling on the A8, I used to work on them for a living....great cars, until they break!
"God created Police Officers so Fireman could have heroes!" - My late Father

2014 Phatom Black 9C1 (Toy)
2000 VW Jetta TDI (Daily 420k miles)
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: New guy...Because that is a sweet original title!

Post by Pursuit »

Welcome to the group! You do have your hands full, but, you probably get the same satisfaction that most of us do. This forum is pretty basic, no frills and with a lot of good info. This is my first forum also. There are a lot of good people here.

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof