Thanks for the add, receintly "won" a 2011 Caprice

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
jackleg

Thanks for the add, receintly "won" a 2011 Caprice

Post by jackleg »

I'm glad I found this forum, not a whole lot of info out there on them.
I've been shopping for a Caprice for a couple of months now.
I placed what I thought was a low bid on an ebay listing and did not get out bid like I thought. Oh well, mighta shoulda spent more on a better one, but looks like this one is mine so now I'll work with it. It's just nuts, bolts, and paint right?
I've been working for a local utility company for the past 8 years, before that I was a line mechanic at a Cadillac/GMC dealer for 15 years. I did a ton of block half seals and head gasket jobs on the 4.6 Northstar, a lot of A/C work, and drivability stuff. I don't have any experience with modifications, just warranty repairs.
I drove 250 miles (each way) with a trailer to pick it up. I've only had it a couple of days. So far I've reconnected the rear door handles, removed a laptop mount and ordered the R/H engine mount that is broken. The engine has a noise that I could use some help with, I'll post that up in the engine section.
Thanks
2011 9C1 6.0
RCR "Little Lunati" 219/223 .625/.625 112+0
Kooks headers, hi flow cats, Dynomax Super Turbos
Flex fuel tune
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Thanks for the add, receintly "won" a 2011 Caprice

Post by elc32955 »

Welcome to the forums & congrats on your purchase! The Caprice is an excellent platform, even run hard from Law Enforcement service it still, hands down, will give you a smile when you get into the V8. Reconditioning an old patrol car can be a little challenging, but it sounds like you have things well in hand. Lot of owners here that can help you out if you get stuck.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
mercialogo

Re: Thanks for the add, receintly "won" a 2011 Caprice

Post by mercialogo »

Welcome and grats on the buy. These cars are very fun and you will not find a better bunch of peeps then here on this forum.
1991 Honda Night Hawk 750
2000 Silver Trans Am (RIP)
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Extreme
2013 Silver Caprice PPV