Will these BMW rims work?

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
JoeR

Will these BMW rims work?

Post by JoeR »

I'd sure like to get rid of my steelies because they are SO heavy, and because it is the single biggest feature that makes my car look like a patrol vehicle.
I've read this forum exhaustively and while I've learned a bunch I'd like some confirmation that these wheels will work.
I've got a 2014, and found some rims off a BMW. They are 8Jx18 ET34 in the front and 8.5Jx18 ET37 in the back. Seeing as they are only 10mm less offset than the stock rims, will I have a problem with them rubbing the fender wells?
I'm not desperate to change the rims, so if I'm going to make more problems that I solve, I'll pass on these and keep looking.
Please let me know what you think.
Joe
BluesBro

Re: Will these BMW rims work?

Post by BluesBro »

They should fit, the camaro wheels im running are 8Jx20ET35 and 9Jx20ET40 which is pretty close in offset. The fronts fit no problem. The rears did have a slight rub at full suspension compression, but was solved with rolling the rear lip. This was with a 27in diameter tire(255/35r20). I have now switched to a 27.5in diameter tire in the rear (275/35R20) and so far rub free.

I am at stock height, if you are lowered they probably will not fit without serious rear fender clearance work.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
JoeR

Re: Will these BMW rims work?

Post by JoeR »

I'm just going to run the stock size tires. If you're running 20s though, these should be alright.
Joe