Part number request - G8 GT Enkei center cap

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
elc32955
System Manager

Part number request - G8 GT Enkei center cap

Post by elc32955 »

Hey everyone...

Quick question. Does anyone have the correct part number for the bowtie center caps that fit the 18" Pontiac G8 GT wheels by Enkei? I found them for my 2011 years back, but like a fool I didn't record the part number on here. Already ordered one test center cap (the 2 1/4" that had the multiple non spring-clip fingers) and the fingers were too short, didn't grab the wheel. The correct cap probably will need to have the same back type as the Pontiac emblem center cap to work.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Part number request

Post by elc32955 »

Just a brief update. I ordered 3 different cap types so far, but none of the US variants work. After thinking about it, I seem to recall the last set of caps came from down under off Ebay in 2012 (I'm blond but I do still have flashes of lucidity!). Naturally the current supply down there is not good, one of the Holden after-market parts companies seems to have a corner on the market. Here comes the $$$$$!!

This impacts us because if we can't source the correct center caps, we have basically three options if we want to run the G8 GT wheels on our cars (so as not to deal with rub problems with fenders or the possibility of slicing tires up due to suspension compression flange issues)...

1) Run G8 center caps as-is (bleh!).
2) Modify G8 center caps by grinding and put stickers with our desired logos on them.
3) Get another supplier somewhere to clone an example cap & do a run of them. Probably pricey and we might run into copyright issues if we use the bowtie or other GM logo. Unless we talk someone like Eckler's into doing it.

Dunno, might be a conundrum we can't easily resolve. As the parts sources tighten with depleting supplies of stuff, we can probably expect to see more of this.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Re: Part number request

Post by Mooseman »

Maybe somebody with a 3D printer can fab some up with blank centers and put some stickers from eBay, something like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193811349121?h ... BMxsTag6Ng
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Holdenking5150

Re: Part number request - G8 GT Enkei center cap

Post by Holdenking5150 »

elc32955 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:02 pm Hey everyone...

Quick question. Does anyone have the correct part number for the bowtie center caps that fit the 18" Pontiac G8 GT wheels by Enkei? I found them for my 2011 years back, but like a fool I didn't record the part number on here. Already ordered one test center cap (the 2 1/4" that had the multiple non spring-clip fingers) and the fingers were too short, didn't grab the wheel. The correct cap probably will need to have the same back type as the Pontiac emblem center cap to work.

Thanks
Eric
Pic of the wheels? I was wondering the same with the 19" G8 GT wheels. It has the goofy star shaped plastic centercaps. I see some people with some Holden ones, and would like some, as the Pontiac emblem isn't exactly OEM to these vehicles...