Learn Tire Pressure Sensors

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
Groundczero

Learn Tire Pressure Sensors

Post by Groundczero »

So when I bought the car I am getting not knowing any of the Tire Pressure Sensors.

I found this on the Holden webpage and thought I would share.

I tested the 1st part and the car did go into learn mode going to try with air pump today.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/th ... ost1928370

"The sensors learn by turning on the ignition, and pressing both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote. The horn should beep twice, and the left front indicator will illuminate. Then you have to either let air out of the front left, or put more air in, for around 8 seconds. When the tyre is learned, the horn will beep, and another indicator will illuminate. Follow the lit indicator around the car to learn all four. Letting a tyre down for 8 seconds leaves it pretty flat. As I have an air compressor at home, I found that bleeding the air out for 5 to 8 seconds, then immediately pumping air into the tyre would 'learn' quicker than just bleeding air out. "

One thing to keep in mind it will learn till it hits a bad sensor then will stop
cerbomark

Re: Learn Tire Pressure Sensors

Post by cerbomark »

I d like to hear if you can get this to work because my efforts on (2016) mine is that the newer cars can be put into learn mode and then it won t go any further. I had chevy trucks and know the system but unable to do it on my Caprice.
The link you provided is older cars for sure.
2016 C1
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I rotate my own tires and have used this method on my 2011 for past 4 years... works every time, the do get low but I just follow up the learn process by putting 32psi in each one after
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Just an additional tip, open the window while doing the relearn. Because I was using one key in the ignition and the other for the button presses, I accidentally locked both keys in the car. I think it does lock when you do the button press. Had to call CAA to come unlock it. :oops:
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419