New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:14 am 

This was the first Caprice I got and also the first new set of wheels that I tried out. Saw these 19" around on lots of Malibu's, and after researching I started finding that same year Camaro's, Impala's & Buick's all had the same bolt pattern and hub bore. 245-40-19 Falken Azenis are fitted here, and I have also mounted 255-40-19's with no clearance problems. Offset sits these a little further out from the hub than Caprice wheels, but they still work great. This was taken a while ago, and I have since mounted a set of 2015 Impala wheels that I had powder coated Gold to match the front Chevy logo (pics taken at wheel shop). Got three from a wrecked 2015 Impala from a local wrecker for $75 each with dings and scratches, then I found a fourth online and went gold since I had to get them refinished anyway.

Silver wheel pics are a test fit before painting...still had the stock 235-45-19's from the Impala. The side pic shows the offset a little better. Will upload pics with the Gold wheels when I get all springs loaded.

Attachments:
White Caprice - Malibu Wheels Side - Crop.jpg
White Caprice - Malibu Wheels Side - Crop.jpg [ 244.02 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]
Gold 2015 Impala Wheels 02.jpg
Gold 2015 Impala Wheels 02.jpg [ 202.63 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]
Impala Wheels - Test Fit 01.jpg
Impala Wheels - Test Fit 01.jpg [ 84.07 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]
Impala Wheels - Test Fit 02.jpg
Impala Wheels - Test Fit 02.jpg [ 88.88 KiB | Viewed 1045 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:22 am 

Looks good. Planning to get new wheels for my car as well. I searched on 4 wheel online and tirerck but can't decide yet on what to get.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:01 am 

I love that Gold look. I was just looking at a set of CCW's in a dark bronze but it won't look good on my Hugo Blue.