New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:04 am 

does anyone know the absolute widest tire I can throw on the rear with stock wheels without rubbing? any input would be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:02 am 

Sorry for this somewhat non-answer...the widest tire that you can fit back there is a lot wider than the widest tire that you can put on an 8" rim (which as far as I've seen a tire shop mount according to "their policy" is a 255).
But perhaps S13REMI's thread on how he put 10" wide Corvette wheels with 305/30 on his PPV will help, or at least inform: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1055

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:56 pm 

bvanbeest wrote:
does anyone know the absolute widest tire I can throw on the rear with stock wheels without rubbing? any input would be greatly appreciated!

The wheel width would be the limiting factor first. Could probably squeeze a 275 on there. the sidewall will look a bit bubbled out since the wheel is only 8" wide, assuming you are refering to the rear