GMH Caprice Rims Prices

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
NJ 9C3

GMH Caprice Rims Prices

Post by NJ 9C3 »

Hey guys, I was able to locate a set of new GMH stock Holden Caprice rims. With shipping from Australia to U.S. it would cost me just over $1,000 for the set. Wanted to know if anyone has purchased rims like these in the past, or rims from Australia, and see how you did on pricing. This seems a little steep with shipping costs. Thanks
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: GMH Caprice Rims Prices

Post by Pursuit »

NJ,
Actually, depending on the style of rim, HSV etc. that is not a bad price. I was just quoted $3,700 AUD/$2,850 USD for some 20" HSV rims. They are still in Australia... :(

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

For that price I'd look more into Buick wheels or even look at Opel wheels from Germany. If you really want those wheels though I'd say go for it. Not really my style though when you can get a set of wheels/tires from a Chevy SS, CTS-V or Buick GN for a bit more.

Shipping is always a killer. I "sold" a set of Hamanns on ebay to a guy in Tasmania...needless to say I could get a decent price to Melbourne, but no further. That deal still isn't finalized as he's working the other leg still.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

You don't say where you're looking--this is a representative example of a wheel source in Australia that shows the Holden OE wheel range for Caprice--price is driven by inventory on hand, so some of the take-off Caprice production wheels are fairly plentiful and not that pricey.
https://www.wheelking.com.au/wheels/hol ... ?genuine=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.wheelking.com.au/wheel/hold ... -caprice-v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember, too, that the prices are in AUSD, so the US dollar goes a little further, depending on conversion charges. The wheel above would be $560 USD (for 4 wheels) before conversion fees and shipping. One US dollar is currently worth ~$1.30 AUS

The biggest stumbling block is shipping, so if I was trying to do this, I would be talking to Karo to see what he can do to help.

An alternative might be something like this--Group A Wheels is an importer of ROH Wheels, an Australian company--located not far from you in NY (Long Island), assuming your screen name is meant to reveal your location:
https://www.groupawheels.com/contactus.sc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.groupawheels.com/Holden-Comm ... E_c712.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NJ 9C3

Post by NJ 9C3 »

Yes, I am indeed in NJ, however, they don't have the rims I am specifically looking for. These are the ones I want, but is over $1,000 total from Australia really what it costs? I would be thrilled if I could get them in the states. It seems like they aren't too expensive, but the international shipping is a real killer.

kevink

Post by kevink »

A little relevant info:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=841
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
RedCentreBluey

Post by RedCentreBluey »

Those wheels are off Holden Caprice WM Series II. The Series 1 Caprice wheels were similar but without the sideways kink in the spokes. Both are 18" and take 245/ZR45/18 tyres. The wheels have a machined finish on the outer face and a generous coating of clear lacquer which can become chipped, and peeling, especially if helped by gutter rash

They use a plain ordinary looking steel nut that has a plastic cap fitted over each one. The Caprice and Statesman had chromed caps, other cars in the model series had silver or black caps.

The caps are also a bit of a pain, they need a special tool that is part of the jack kit to remove them, or a pair of modified pointed nose pliers, that grip in the groove to pull them off. They also tend to pop off and get lost in traffic

Both my photo items are a lil dirty cos of the car sitting still for around 9 months waiting for parts to rebuild, but the dirty probably helped the photos a bit
Attachments
P2280017.png
P2280017.png (377.94 KiB) Viewed 18046 times
Chrome nut cap
Chrome nut cap
P2280016.png (290.86 KiB) Viewed 18046 times
WM Series 1, a little worse for wear
WM Series 1, a little worse for wear
P2280015.png (247.41 KiB) Viewed 18046 times
20129C1

Post by 20129C1 »

Am considering getting these wheels. Anyone have info on shipping? I sent an email to Wheelking but haven't heard back yet.
2007 Saudi/UAE Caprice
1993 Camaro B4C M6 Purple Pearl Metallic
1993 Camaro B4C A4 Medium Patriot Red
2013 Camaro SS M6 "Panther"
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

I just ordered from them. I used a shippers address to have it delivered to them and then shipped. However I haven't heard if they received them yet and it's been five days. I hope it will get here eventually.....
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
20129C1

Post by 20129C1 »

Rj,

How much did they charge to ship here, then how much to get to you? When you wrote shipper, are you referring to a shipping company like Old Dominion, Yellow, Estes, etc.?

Thanks
2007 Saudi/UAE Caprice
1993 Camaro B4C M6 Purple Pearl Metallic
1993 Camaro B4C A4 Medium Patriot Red
2013 Camaro SS M6 "Panther"