18" Camaro Wheels

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
jb94ss

Re: 18" Camaro Wheels

Post by jb94ss »

so the stock camaro wheel that come on these rims wont fit ? dam i just picked up a set mint with new tires from factory
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

jb94ss wrote:so the stock camaro wheel that come on these rims wont fit ? dam i just picked up a set mint with new tires from factory
rims yes , tires no they are taller
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

One of us is confused....

"so the stock camaro wheel that come on these rims wont fit"

Wheel = Rim

Camaro (2010-2015), G8, SS Sedan, and PPV are all the same (Zeta chassis)--offsets/widths vary by model, but bolt patterns and hubs are the same.

Depending on which wheel, there are going to be fitment issues for Camaro or G8 18" wheels on ANY Zeta car with Brembo brakes or conversion(s)--at least on the front. A small spacer might be all that is needed, however.

Not directly related to the topic, but the stock PPV steel wheel does clear Brembo front brakes (with D1001 pads).
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

that has got to be one of my biggest pet peves. There are wheels and tires, no rims.
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

not to belabor your point (and mine indirectly implied>>>inferred), a "RIM" is one of several parts that make up a complete WHEEL
(quoting from Tire Rack - link below)

What Is a Wheel and What Is a Rim? Are They the Same Thing?

It may seem obvious, but a wheel is comprised of a hub, spokes and rim. Sometimes these components will be one piece, sometimes two or three. The hub is the center portion of the wheel and is what attaches the wheel to the suspension. The spokes radiate out from the hub and attach to the rim. The rim is the outer part of the wheel that holds the tire. While many people refer to wheels as "rims," this is technically incorrect.
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/te ... ?techid=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bluebear

Post by Bluebear »

Navy Lifer wrote:OE take-off Camaro 18" wheels are hard to beat, too bad they're only 7.5" wide. I ran the first-design (2010-2012) 5th Gen 18's (5-spoke) for several years, and still have one as a spare.

I do have the 4 Camaro wheels that were on the ground and would consider selling them if anyone is interested. The tires--Continental DWS all-season in stock size--are still mounted, but pretty much worn out.

The new 2016 Camaro standard 18" (V6) wheel is 8.5" wide, but offset is 32mm, which puts the wheel almost too far out--but just the right width for a 255/45 tire.

They're a bit plain, but that just means there should be quite a few of them showing up as take-offs. Re-finished, they should look really good.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qlsr4j.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are a number of other GM/Chevy wheels that will also fit--current FWD Impala & 2013-2015 Malibu have the same center bore, wheel stud pattern, and usable offsets. Just not sure about caliper clearance, especially for anyone thinking of doing a Brembo upgrade.
Bluebear

Post by Bluebear »

Will the 2016 v6 Camaro 18 x 8.5 wheels clear the brake caliper on a 2011?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

yes--they'll clear stock brakes and they will even clear Brembo 4-piston calipers, with no spacers required.

If you're looking for some, I have a set of 4, new takeoffs