Aluminum Wheel

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
bluethunder

Aluminum Wheel

Post by bluethunder »

I would like to find an aluminum rim that I can mount a 9C3 full hubcap in place of a factory steelie. I want to shed a few pounds. Anyone know of a wheel manufacture that could make a replica of a factory steelie in aluminum ?

Thanks
bluethunder

Re: Aluminum Wheel

Post by bluethunder »

I found a wheel manufacture that would consider doing it but the cost would be way beyond what I would consider spending on them,
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Why not consider using the Pontiac G8 GT wheels? Those can be had somewhat economically, and they're an exact match for the car as far as fitment and offset. I'm using the 2016 Camaro V6 wheels, but I've got a set of 2009 G8 GT wheels on hot standby if I run into any problems... It's not the police wheel look, but unless you are dead-tied to that style wheel it's an option for you. And more G8's are now being salvaged out due to age, wrecks, etc.... Only challenge with the G8 wheels now is finding correct center caps.

Just another option to consider. Good luck!

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

Thanks for the reply Eric. My goal with this was to get a light set of wheels that I could use the 9C3 full size hubcaps on. The steel wheels are just so freakin heavy. Wanted to shed a few pounds