OE PPV & Pedders 2956/2957 chassis spring comparison

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: OE PPV & Pedders 2956/2957 chassis spring comparison

Post by Navy Lifer »

You are correct, the owner had to give it up (Peter Basica), due to legal/financial issues with Pedders Australia. I don't know all of the circumstances, to be honest. It appears that Summit now is the source for Pedders products.

Pete Basica is getting back into the areas he wants to be under the JP Superior Solutions brand - his FB name is Justice Pete.

http://jpsuperiorsolutions.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or on Facebook
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Interesting new website... wonder if that was a "in your face!" for the Pedders folks in Oz....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

I had that initial reaction myself.....but no idea, as he's not saying anything that would lead to that conclusion--though it might be easy to say yes if you know the background to be able to "read into" some of his comments just how jacked he was about what happened.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

What happened to these springs you had not installed yet? and why in another post are you referring to 2015 SS springs you will use?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

The Pedders springs have never been installed--just sitting here in their original boxes. James (Eagle-co94) and I had opened up discussion about them, if he might want them, but we've never finished that discussion....so, if I was to sell them, he will have first "dibs", if he hasn't already given up on me--I owe him a response, I think.

I will tell you that the Pedders springs were, relative to other brands, rather pricey--I don't think it will be possible for me to recover that cost, so, assuming they do get sold, I've accepted that I will lose money on the deal--so be it.

After I got them and had a chance to compare them to OE PPV springs, I decided to wait to check out the OE SS springs. I don't really want to lower the car "that much" and I was also concerned that the amount of drop with the Pedders springs was going to increase the "rake" (front height lower vs rear) further than it already appears.

Now that I've had a chance to measure an SS and look at the actual springs that are used on that vehicle, I'm going to go in that direction. The wire diameters are smaller than both PPV and Pedders, the spring rates will be a little less, so I think the car will have a more pleasant ride--upgrading to the SS sway bars will take the car in the direction I want to go, compared to the stock PPV setup, which was designed for operation with a heavy load of equipment and for patrol duty. Stiffer springs don't always make for the best vehicle dynamics, so I'm going to experiment.

I'm also working on a method of adjusting rear height (up to an inch lower) that is not based on the springs used.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Navy Lifer wrote:. Stiffer springs don't always make for the best vehicle dynamics, so I'm going to experiment.

I'm also working on a method of adjusting rear height (up to an inch lower) that is not based on the springs used.

Yes I think thats a definite fact, look at some info on the 1993 cobra edition mustang which used super soft springs from the 4cylinder car along with a much lower profile tire to make a very good handling/riding combination. It was the pinnacle of the Fox body cars according to several tests. How about some part numbers on the SS springs sir?

Oh and WTF are you dreaming up on the 2nd thing?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

On the 2nd thing, not going to comment or divulge any (more) info until I prove it will work....
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I'm still interested in the springs and since I sold my DeLorean today I just made a huge leap towards getting my PPV on the road.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."