What lowering springs have you gone with?

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
eagle-co94

What lowering springs have you gone with?

Post by eagle-co94 »

I ask because I have Hotchkis on my Impala SS and love them and I also loved the H&Rs we had on my wife's T56d wagon and my MINI Clubman S.

I'm looking at the H&Rs as the Walkinshaws are too pricey and I have no experience with Pedders.

I've heard about the stock G8 springs but don't know if it's been tried yet. I'm willing to try them out as a budget option as the car is just too tall for my tastes right now. The fender gap drives me nuts.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: What lowering springs have you gone with?

Post by Navy Lifer »

Seems like I end up making money-losing deals with you....I have a set of Pedders springs, new, never installed, if you might be interested.

I'm going to be using 2014 SS sedan springs, and may even try 2015 SS rear springs once they're available. The car will be lower, but I can't tell you by exactly how much.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

What was our last deal, the Langness spoiler? That's been a little while. Sending you a PM.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

yep, the Langness....truth be told, it was donated for auction for GOFASST, and no one would bid up the price to even what I had in it! So you jumped in and "stole" it!!! :shock:

Yes, it's been a good while.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Yeah I was lusting after the clear image 3"exhaust I believe but since that sold I couldn't pass up a chance for such an awesome part. It's still on my car too.