Replaced hub wheel bearing

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Car54

Replaced hub wheel bearing

Post by Car54 »

The right front of this car is driving me nuts.

The forward lower control arm was shot, replaced it. Had grinding when turning and when spinning the original hub without brakes on it, was really hard to spin.

Ordered new wheel hub bearings from RA timken ones.

Removed the hub, re installed with new one put everything back on.

Started the car. ABS Light is on, service stabilitrak, & traction control are on the dash.

My scanner is picking up C0040, passenger front issue.

Suggestions? I didn’t even futz with the abs sensor all I did was clean out the knuckle with brake parts cleaner!
BluesBro

Re: Replaced hub wheel bearing

Post by BluesBro »

Does your scanner give you access to live data? No signal could mean something different than erratic signal.

When I did my front bearings (I used timkens from RA as well), I pulled the speed sensors prior to removing the old bearings and cleaned the bore. It is possible you made contact with the sensors tip in the process of working on it.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
Car54

Re: Replaced hub wheel bearing

Post by Car54 »

It does, my 17yo son decided to clean out the knuckle while I ran to get gas for the mower.

He used the wire brush on the knuckle and more than likely “scrubbed” the sensor as well.

I realized this after posting last night and the fact that the sensor now has been scratched to bits.

Ordering a new one for now I’ll deal with the idiot lite. Just glad it wasn’t worse.