my 98 Camaro

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Scot

my 98 Camaro

Post by Scot »

Camaro3a (1).jpg
Camaro3a (1).jpg (291.17 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
The Caprice PPV is my similar but different addition to the Z-28's garage. Not wanting to make the back seat area dangerous to dogs with a welded in roll bar, all the chassis rigidity must come from a more rigid unibody. I started with the engine bay brace BMR used to call a SFC and now calls a STB. As it is really not either, next was a Whiteline STB. They both run across the engine bay <inch apart but mount in entirely different places and do entirely different things. The BMR is welded to the sub frame, the Whiteline bolted to the tower. Next was a rear STB mounted/welded high in the trunk and a K-frame adjustable brace, adjusted to put tension on the front sub frame for added rigidity. BMR butterfly style SFC's welded in with a bolt in tunnel brace/driveshaft "loop" for the The Driveshaft Shop CF one piece (actually not really necessary for any CF DS because if you drop one at high RPM they just harmlessly unravel and come apart). Some small nuances too. All that added weight? LSX with ~250 more HP+Torque than the L77 it replaced.
Attachments
interior2 (1).jpg
interior2 (1).jpg (329.09 KiB) Viewed 1239 times