From the Camaro5 site

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Scot

From the Camaro5 site

Post by Scot »

Holden agrees
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU DUCE View Post
I run my Camaro on a Nascar road course. Called Watkins Glenn and I found the strut tower brace in the turns made a{HELL}of a differance.
Scotavo wrote:
In their in house year 2000 engineering report they identified a "spring rate" (there's an odd turn of phrase) in the front strut towers. Not where a STB usually mounts, but ~ 8" lower. Imprecise steering it caused they said (don't blame me, I just report). The after market company BMR ran with this and created what they at the time called a sub frame connector. Which really confused everybody looking at BMR's "butterfly" shaped SFC. The Holden but now inspired BMR STB does not mount near where everybody else's STB mounts.
It mounts lower and welds to the sub frame, really. Yes, it's a SFC too.
Hilarity ensued and so BMR relabeled the same SFC bar a STB (sans welds). Yes both the BMR whatever its called SFC/STB does have a positive effect (notice I didn't say makes the car faster). Even better, it sits just in front of a traditional STB (mine is a Whiteline) and when both are used they do different positive things (don't yell WEIGHT!)