Had to drop it a little

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
arizona

Had to drop it a little

Post by arizona »

Another H&R equipped PPV. Could not stand the gap before. Looks more like the G8 ride height now.

Solardude

Re: Had to drop it a little

Post by Solardude »

Looks good did you keep the stock shocks? How does it change the way it rides?
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
arizona

Post by arizona »

Original shocks/struts and it actually softened the ride just a tad. Stiff as hell from the factory IMO.
gregc

Post by gregc »

Looks good. The stance is just right. I have H&Rs too
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Do you have any before & after measurements?
arizona

Post by arizona »

Sorry Bill, I do not at least not technical ones. I did measure at first when I was going to get Lovells but after I saw Gregs with H&R's and the fact that they were roughly $230 delivered helped my decision without proper measuring. My calibrated fingers measured 4 fingers between tire and fender is now only 1 finger.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Could we have your finger dimensions, please??? :lol:

It does look more "together" lowered.

H&R, when I asked them about using G8 springs, would not endorse using them on PPV, but they were not even aware that the car was the same underneath--if they even knew (or cared) that it existed. But that has been nearly a year ago, so maybe they've gotten more educated now....
arizona

Post by arizona »

After digging through Lovells website on their springs which I was going to go with, the Commodore/G8 and Caprice/Statesmen used the same springs(HFL 114) so any Springs were fair game then.

http://www.lovellsauto.com.au/docs/cat_passcomm13.pdf
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

After some research, I had determined this to be true as well--as posted here:

http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... c1305#p758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The point is that H&R still does not acknowledge any other fitment for their 50750 spring package except G8. That's the nature of an orphan application as the PPV is, since it's not considered as a car with sporting intentions, and not readily available to the public--but being on the "fringes" can have it's advantages (sleeper status)--even if there may be drawbacks, too!

We can at least thank them, I suppose, for doing a set of springs for the G8, which "just happen" to work on our cars. Maybe I was simply hoping that they would recognize this fact in some way, even with a "**Note: also fits 2011-2013 Chevrolet Caprice" asterisk!

That's OK, we don't need the respect....!