Rear wheel control arm to wheel knuckle bushing

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
VintageIron41

Rear wheel control arm to wheel knuckle bushing

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this.

Does anyone know of a source for just the bushings on a 2014 Caprice, where the upper control arm connects to the wheel knuckle? The bushing fits inside the knuckle.

Thank you!
s/c'd cav

Re: Rear wheel control arm to wheel knuckle bushing

Post by s/c'd cav »

dealer - 92287353 , list price is 122.49

and likely has to be ordered
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

Thank you, my service told me that that is the entire assembly ( wheel knuckle ) was hoping to find just the bushings.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

by the price i almost thought so too , the knucle was like 360

GM has 2 warehouses with the part # i gave you , so the dealer should be able to order it
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

What do you think of this AC Delco knuckle bushing part#92159305.
knuckle bushing 92159305.jpg
knuckle bushing 92159305.jpg (15.56 KiB) Viewed 9705 times
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

that part# is telling me its the lower front control arm bushing
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

s/c'd cav wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 am that part# is telling me its the lower front control arm bushing
Thanks s/c'd cav, the rock auto listing said front, but also lower rear. I guess I need to look into the aftermarket poly-urethane market, or if not available there, as a machinist, make a set from poly.

Do I understand correctly, that the independent rear suspension on the Caprices is the same as the Camaro and SS?

And, my car could use front sway bar bushings as well, same question as above, my mechanic told me that the bushings were only available along with the purchase of a sway bar. If no known OEM or aftermarket source for just the bushings, is the sway bar unique to the Caprice ( 2014 ) or is it shared with other models?

Thank you!
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

according to the parts catalog the upper and lower bushing on the rear knuckle are different , also that part # is only showing for the front control arm , the rear lower knuckle is a different number

yes mostly the G8 and SS sedan , some will cross with the 5th gen camaro

karo can help you with any bushings you need , not everything is listed - https://holdenpartsusa.com/collections/ppv-suspension
VintageIron41

Post by VintageIron41 »

s/c'd cav wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 am according to the parts catalog the upper and lower bushing on the rear knuckle are different , also that part # is only showing for the front control arm , the rear lower knuckle is a different number

karo can help you with any bushings you need , not everything is listed - https://holdenpartsusa.com/collections/ppv-suspension
Thank you!
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

VintageIron41 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:08 pm
s/c'd cav wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:25 am according to the parts catalog the upper and lower bushing on the rear knuckle are different , also that part # is only showing for the front control arm , the rear lower knuckle is a different number

Thank you!
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I noticed mine are incredibly soft when I was checking for any bearing play. Out of all of the knuckle bushings this one seems to be the “softest” and would love to replace it.