camaro Brembos installed

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
xcidmigs

Re: camaro Brembos installed

Post by xcidmigs »

Were the calipers redone in powdercoating or just a paint? I'm curious about the Brembo decals, they are sold all over just wondering if its placed on a base color coat powder and then cleared over top of that and baked what happens to them?
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

mine are just rattle canned, with vinyl stickers
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Went ahead and got the ebay hi-temp decals and set them on the brass powder basecoat and did gloss clear over top, baked 20 min and all came out great....
Attachments
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0407.JPG (528.19 KiB) Viewed 8211 times
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

[quote=

You use new or used 5th gen brakes? Actually use Camaro not CTS-V1?

CTS-V1 front calipers are something like $170... Camaro ones are $270+. Stupid. Even used 5th gen brakes are more than new CTSV1 fronts.[/quote]

The camaro 5th Gen sets of 4 used brembos are all over ebay for $400 or so depending on the condition and exactly what they come with... They bolt right up using the PPV bracket bolts and hoses you just need the brembo banjo bolt as mentioned by OP...
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

xcidmigs wrote:Went ahead and got the ebay hi-temp decals and set them on the brass powder basecoat and did gloss clear over top, baked 20 min and all came out great....
did you powder coat them without disassembling them and splitting them? that's that kept me from powder coating mine, was told they have to be split.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I completely gutted them removing all the moving parts and seals. The seals kits are pretty cheap like less than $10 per caliper. But I did not split them, seems like no good reason to do that other than trying to get 100% coverage. Then just some careful taping and handling lets you get them done as 1 piece. Might be easier split but I didn't see the need.