BMR Frame Connectors

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
TTriglia417

Re: BMR Frame Connectors

Post by TTriglia417 »

119C3NJ wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:57 pm 417 is this pic of them mounted to a PPV? I don't mind drilling but have been reluctant to order these so far.
Yes these are installed on a 2014 Caprice. I instantly could feel a difference after installing this braces. I wasn’t able to install them before the alignment after installing BMR LCA’s, Trailings Arms, Adjustable Toe Rods and Adjustable end links. I can tell you that after installing the SF braces it felt much more responsive in regards to my back tires being planted to the ground
Scot

Re: BMR Frame Connectors

Post by Scot »

Yes, they are on all my Caprice PPV's. Yes, they can be functionally enhanced with any silicone metal adhesive applied between the braces and any contact point. Yes, they are even better welded in, and I know because after bolting them in on the first car, with the adhesive, they were obviously even better after welding. Started as an experiment, now all three PPV's have the same. One of the PPV's was modified for a very civilized ride. (all former Mountain View, Ca PD cars, so civilized) All the chassis rigidity mods I've posted elsewhere do not in any was diminish that car's excellent ride according to my wife who uses it daily. No, the OEM does not have an old F-body like chassis and no it does not NEED more rigidity to be a very good car. It does need more chassis rigidity to be a great one if you define great as I do. (no one has to)